Ear Ablation surgery

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Has anyone ever had an ear ablation surgery for your dog? How much did it cost (no insurance)? If you could tell me about your experience with the whole process, I would appreciate it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] has experience and I think a great post here somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I feel like there has been a recent post about this. Maybe try doing a search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Weā€™ve done quite a few...most cases (10+) weā€™re bilateral. $2-3,000 for both ears is reasonable. The surgery involves the Total removal of the calcified canal from the base of the outer ear straight down about 3ā€. Itā€™s messy surgery that leaves a scary looking scar that takes several months to completely heal...longer for the hair to grow back. However, the patientā€™s relief is almost immediate.
Every case has been a complete success and all of the bullies retained some level of hearing.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Weā€™ve done quite a few...most cases (10+) weā€™re bilateral. $2-3,000 for both ears is reasonable. The surgery involves the Total removal of the calcified canal from the base of the outer ear straight down about 3ā€. Itā€™s messy surgery that leaves a scary looking scar that takes several months to completely heal...longer for the hair to grow back. However, the patientā€™s relief is almost immediate.
Every case has been a complete success and all of the bullies retained some level of hearing.

This. We had a ridgeback that had both ears done but he felt so much better afterwards. However, our cost was much less somewhere around $500 an ear but will depend on your area.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This. We had a ridgeback that had both ears done but he felt so much better afterwards. However, our cost was much less somewhere around $500 an ear but will depend on your area.

Probably worth the traveling if itā€™s not too far out.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Yes...most of our surgeries were done in and around Northern VA/DC/MD...very pricey. Our most recent was in SE Va and cost was less than $2K for both.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.