Help Needed! HELP! bulldog balding?

pumpkindotty

Nov 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin
Hi everyone!

We are wondering if we could get some insight on this. Our 4 year old Pumpkin just got spayed about three weeks ago and has been on Rimadol & Clavamox. We have noticed some patchy hair loss on her head and little spots around the face. We thought it was the stress from her surgery/season change, but might be completely wrong. Her scratching is normal, no foul smell, no wetness either. No red spots, just missing hair. Sheā€™s currently Fromm grain free duck flavor. What could this be? Do we need to contact her vet immediately? Pics attached for better understanding.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

50A48C8A-E169-4C35-BB33-2EE289969354.jpeg8FB9096E-78F9-43E6-BA13-37F73A61932A.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How long on the Fromm?

It could be a staph infectionā€” if she were younger Iā€™d think mange but either way, Iā€™d go to the vet for a check as if it is one of those she will need meds.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

pumpkindotty

Nov 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin
How long on the Fromm?

It could be a staph infectionā€“ if she were younger Iā€™d think mange but either way, Iā€™d go to the vet for a check as if it is one of those she will need meds.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shes been om Fromm since last December - her stools have been healthiest since then :) Yes I think I should give her vet a call!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would get a skin scrape just to rule out mange... my Willow got spayed over 10 days ago, and I have noticed more hair loss than normal. I think it's just the stress, and this unbearable hot and humid weather we are having here.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17811]pumpkindotty[/MENTION] Why is she on rimidol and clavamox? Did she have infection. Since being spayed? If all was well with spaying, she shouldn't have needed any meds.
Being on antibiotics that long-and if for no reason, can compromise her immune system. I would try some NuStock on the hairless spots,since there are no other problems. If she is taking those meds, for no reason, I would stop them. Sometimes anesthetic can cause some hairloss, but has never happened with the many dogs I have had. If NuStock doesn't help, then go to vet/or if others symptoms appear! Give her a pro-biotic,too.

OP
P

pumpkindotty

Nov 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin
I would get a skin scrape just to rule out mange... my Willow got spayed over 10 days ago, and I have noticed more hair loss than normal. I think it's just the stress, and this unbearable hot and humid weather we are having here.

Thats what we are thinking - thank you for your insight!

OP
P

pumpkindotty

Nov 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin
[MENTION=17811]pumpkindotty[/MENTION] Why is she on rimidol and clavamox? Did she have infection. Since being spayed? If all was well with spaying, she shouldn't have needed any meds.
Being on antibiotics that long-and if for no reason, can compromise her immune system. I would try some NuStock on the hairless spots,since there are no other problems. If she is taking those meds, for no reason, I would stop them. Sometimes anesthetic can cause some hairloss, but has never happened with the many dogs I have had. If NuStock doesn't help, then go to vet/or if others symptoms appear! Give her a pro-biotic,too.

Originally, she was given rimadol and clavamox from her spaying surgery - her incision was a lot bigger/healing slower than they expected, so she was on them for about 2 1/2 weeks (just finished them). But she is done now, so maybe itll improve! It makes me so sad to see her some patchy spots :-( Ill look into NuStock!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online