Help Needed! My Tinkerbell is almost 6 months old - horrible rash, spots under her belly

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Hi, my Tinkerbell is almost 6 months old, she has developed a rash all over her under belly and back legs! I was feeding her redford naturals grain free lamb and sweet potatoes, vet said food or environment allergy, so I switched to nature's domain salmon and sweet potatoes. Shes not better, did a round of antibiotics in case it was an infection, and prescription spray and shampoo! Will attach pics!
Any advice and help is appreciated!! Please help my itchy baby!!! This is my first bully, none of her siblings have this issue from what I have heard!!
Thank you
Brandi and Tink

P.S. how do I post pics on this thread???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome!

It sounds like She is definitely having a reaction to either an ingredient in the food or environment. My guy is allergic to all things green—- he gets a Cytopoint shot once a month and Benedryl as needed on really bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Thank you for the reply!! Do you get that shot at the vet? Or do it yourself? Benadryl doesn't seem to be helping at all!! I took some pics, but I cant figure out how to post them on here! Lol!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for the reply!! Do you get that shot at the vet? Or do it yourself? Benadryl doesn't seem to be helping at all!! I took some pics, but I cant figure out how to post them on here! Lol!

Pictures... in the comments box there is a menu bar— little square near right end will say ‘insert image’. Select and then attach photos.

Cytopoint is a vet Tech appointment ... try Claritin ( regular) 1 pill a day. Also with a clean wet cloth.. wipe belly and paws when coming in from outside

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Regular people claritin, good to know!! Let's see if I can get a pic attached!!

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
20180609_170145.jpg 12

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My Frenchie gets Cytopoint Injections as well but I get them from the vet and do them myself at home.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Hmm... that might be mange, have the vet do a scrape to rule it out.

Also, i do not know much on the foods you mention so check them on ingredients if meal or by products ate lusted think about a higher quality food and add a probiotic to help the immune system

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Thank you for the info, will make a vet appt right away!! What food do you feed?? Recommendations on probiotics???

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

You have the same ingredient in both kibbles....sweet potatoes. Try something without Sweet potatoes. See what happens.
I’m an Acana believer as it’s higher end with tripe n all real food. But that’s me.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the info, will make a vet appt right away!! What food do you feed?? Recommendations on probiotics???

I currently feed raw, but here are done high quality kibbles many have great results with

Zingature
Fromm
Acana
Orijen
Earthborn Holistic

Porbiotics... refrigerated sauerkraut, raw goats milk or Herbsmith Microflora

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Thank you, will check into acana, I hope it's just the sweet potatoe that would be an easy fix!

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Will check into those brands and also the probiotics, thank you for all the info, I am so stressed and worried about my lil girl!! Will call my vet tomorrow as well!! :-(

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Thank you for all the info, I appreciate it, I am so stressed and worried about my lil girl!! Will get her into vet again! So hard to know which food route to go!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for all the info, I appreciate it, I am so stressed and worried about my lil girl!! Will get her into vet again! So hard to know which food route to go!

If you are open to raw but not ready... look int The Honest Kitchen, dehydrated all you do is add warm water and serve. Some also have no protein so you can add your choice of meat.

Try to avoid grain and processed chicken as there are a high percentage of bulldogs that have reactions to them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.