Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie had his 1 year wellness check today and weighed in at 56.8 pounds. One of his brothers from the same litter weighs 80 pounds [emoji50].

I asked the vet if Louie was too thin and he said his weight was perfect. I showed him the picture of Louieā€™s brother and he said he was definitely overweight.

Louieā€™s weight seems so small but I think he looks good. Heā€™s definitely the tallest and most athletic of his litter. What do yā€™all think? Iā€™ve also included a picture of his brother.

d2012609c0dc93132aaf7a592f48be98.jpg

d9469530b1e852f76e2ec7e2b2742d9b.jpg

78686ec6b1b77829c51f17387f66df11.jpg

1d412d3c92590ae99999f9a7764f722d.jpg

Louieā€™s brother:
ceda30db05e9430b0b90f65d39dde400.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Both are gorgeous bullie babies! Bro is a bit chubby:D Idk, I think Louie is big enough bulldog. Perfectly well fed, but not overweight. Basically, bulldog breed standard says males should be typically under 50 pounds:w00t: and Louie is 56. But my Tank is the same weight, 58 and he isnā€™t fat either. I guess, they are generally taller and longer in frame than breed standard says.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I thought his weight looked good for his frame but then I saw the picture of his brother and thought yikes...am I not feeding enough. But I think all is good. Heā€™s only 15 months and is still filling out but I do t think heā€™s going to huge.

Tank looks perfect! [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
The King sure is handsome! He looks like he is ready to get out that door! Lol
Bella is 57 lbs and 18 months old but to me she doesnā€™t look that stalky to me. She is definitely widening out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think he looks perfect... it's really hard to judge when he's only 15 mos. When they hit 3 you can really make the call... our Wally is really packing in the pounds, so I've cut him back this summer. He's NOT thrilled... Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW!!! Louie looks great! let him be, he still has lots of growing to do.

his brother is gorgeous... hard to tell if he is over weight or just stocky -- need to see a shoot form above to really know, the V-shape waist is the tell all.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The King sure is handsome! He looks like he is ready to get out that door! Lol
Bella is 57 lbs and 18 months old but to me she doesnā€™t look that stalky to me. She is definitely widening out.

I'm waiting for Louie to start widening out!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think he looks perfect... it's really hard to judge when he's only 15 mos. When they hit 3 you can really make the call... our Wally is really packing in the pounds, so I've cut him back this summer. He's NOT thrilled... Lol

A couple months ago I cut back on Louie's food cause his poops were just a little soft and then once I decreased, his poop was perfectly firm. Feeding these guys can be such a science project!

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
Both bullies look awesome. Although 80lbs, holy cow, that's way big.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm waiting for Louie to start widening out!

Duke is 48lbs n his brother is heavier n wider than Duke. The brother is in a massive run but also out so all the breederā€™s dogs plays during the day. Duke is walked daily 5km and exercises way more. Heā€™s more athletic n leaner muscles than the brother. Just like yours. I rather have a muscle dog than heavier set one. Nyala started to widen up when she hit 2. Even though sheā€™s fit, sheā€™s getting a bit too chunky. The ā€œVā€ is turning into a ā€œUā€ Ive been cutting her food just a tad. So Louie will widen but not just yet. No rush in my book.

Bigz1

Aug 13, 2018
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bigz the Bully
I worry as Bigz is 9 months old and already weighs 61 lbs. The vet says he is fit and healthy and not over weight though. They just keep telling us he is going to be a big boy! He is very fit and loves his walks

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I worry as Bigz is 9 months old and already weighs 61 lbs. The vet says he is fit and healthy and not over weight though. They just keep telling us he is going to be a big boy! He is very fit and loves his walks

Can you post a picture of him? Best would be of him standing up and the camera looking down on him. What you want to look for is to make sure he has a "waist." Bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes so some will be naturally bigger than others and not overweight.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Can you post a photo?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post a picture of him? Best would be of him standing up and the camera looking down on him. What you want to look for is to make sure he has a "waist." Bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes so some will be naturally bigger than others and not overweight.

Crap didnā€™t see the 2nd page lolll

Members online

No members online now.