Help Needed! Unexplained vomiting, nausea and loss of appetite

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thatā€™s cool that you stopped those tablets! Moms heart never lies!
Omeprazole and sucralfat is great, should heal his stomach soon. Glucosamine is also better to give with food, as it is acidic. I donā€™t know if you give your baby fresh bananas, but bananas are quite good for someone with ulcer, gastritis etc. So you can give him some bananas as a snack, very good for dogs (and humans) with sick tummy. Also, green cabbage contains so called vitamin U (itā€™s not really a vitamin, just people call it), so cabbage juice is quite famous natural remedy for stomach.

Btw, guys gave you some cool recommendations - laser, gabapentine and CBD are definitely worth trying for pain!

OP
T

Tinalou

May 20, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
Thanks so much for all the advice.

I bought some bananas on the way home... Bodhi thought they were a little foreign but smushy and ate them after some exploration... meaning the floor, his bed lol.

I'm checking into the CBD... Any recommendations on brand? The one I saw on Amazon is by NakedOil Cannabis Hemp Oil Virgin, cold pressed 100% pure no fillers or additives. Think this might work? Anyhoo, i'm open to recommendations.

I so appreciative all the responses and support.

Tina

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] which do you use for Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

I bought some bananas on the way home... Bodhi thought they were a little foreign but smushy and ate them after some exploration... meaning the floor, his bed lol.

I'm checking into the CBD... Any recommendations on brand? The one I saw on Amazon is by NakedOil Cannabis Hemp Oil Virgin, cold pressed 100% pure no fillers or additives. Think this might work? Anyhoo, i'm open to recommendations.

Tina

We get ours from Bluebird botanical and use their Hemp Classic 6x concentrate for Vegas's epilepsy. Usually you get a good discount as a first time buyer. So I keep going through different email addresses and creating new accounts and buying 2 bottles at a time.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Tina

I never tried CBD oil for my dog but looked it up once before and found this, not sure if this is the cheapest:
The CBC distillery has good prices https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/500mg-15ml-cbd-tincture-fullspectrum/ , for eg. this 500mg/15ml dropper bottle has 33 mg per mL , try 2-5 drops once a day for a few days, then increase to twice daily depending on response

OP
T

Tinalou

May 20, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
thanks so much for both your replies on the CBD I will look into them.

The good news is Bodhi is acting more himself eating well, playing and being his ornery self. Happy days!

Thanks again for all the help.

OP
T

Tinalou

May 20, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
So just wanted to give everyone an update. Bodhi continues to do well.

The vet called tonight, and to say I'm disappointed is mild. She was nice and did not try to necessarily talk me back into Rimadyl but her comment was : ā€¦. if we looked at all side effects we would never take ibuprofen. And we are treating any possible ulcer... etc... Just didn't give me the warm fuzzies after the last two weeks.

I just told her I wanted to keep him on the gabapentin and she was agreeable to that. She also mentioned trying another NSAID in the future or using Rimadyl for break through pain (this isn't happening). He is doing really well with just the Gabapentin so i'm happy with that at the moment.

Anyhow just wanted to update you all. Thanks for all the great support.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So just wanted to give everyone an update. Bodhi continues to do well.

The vet called tonight, and to say I'm disappointed is mild. She was nice and did not try to necessarily talk me back into Rimadyl but her comment was : ā€¦. if we looked at all side effects we would never take ibuprofen. And we are treating any possible ulcer... etc... Just didn't give me the warm fuzzies after the last two weeks.

I just told her I wanted to keep him on the gabapentin and she was agreeable to that. She also mentioned trying another NSAID in the future or using Rimadyl for break through pain (this isn't happening). He is doing really well with just the Gabapentin so i'm happy with that at the moment.

Anyhow just wanted to update you all. Thanks for all the great support.

You can give tumeric, [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]s what is the dosage?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can give tumeric, [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]s what is the dosage?

Start with 1/2 tsp turmeric twice daily with meals and increase to 1.5 tsps twice daily with meals. You need to either grind in some pepper with it, or add Acti-Flex 4000 ( supplement with glucosamine, chondroitin etc ) to it for the bioperine ingredient that increases absorption.

The movoflex supplement that you use is great too.

Gabapentin is good for nerve pain, and should be safe long term. Tramadol apparently has been discovered not to work in dogs like in humans, it probably has no opioid effect, any pain-modifying effect is presumed to be from inhibition of reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine,

Members online

No members online now.