Freaking out red stool

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie ate some of my sisters dog's food last night. He went potty and his stool is like a reddish orange. I'm freaking out!! It looks like the color of the dog food so I'm wondering if that is what it could be from. He is acting fine. Running around playing and has been drinking water. The stool is normal consistency, not runny. Should I bring him to vet now or see how next stool is. I kinda iver react because of hin having parvo at 9 weeks so now everything scares the heck out of me!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Was is poor quality food? It could be the dyes that are typically found in that kind of kibble.

I don't think you need to take him to the vet unless you see a persist problem. He might have one weird bowel movement then business as usual, especially since he's acting normal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with sheshistory, probably nothing to worry about.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I wouldn't worry about it at this time...one or two funky colored stools should be the food....after that, then I would worry. If there is no change in temperment and he's not acting differently, then it is more than likely OK.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Ok thanks! It was Beneful brand dog food. I will see how his next bowel movement
is.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
looks like the color of the dog food so I'm wondering if that is what it could be from. He is acting fine. Running around playing and has been drinking water. The stool is normal consistency, not runny.

Take a deep breath...Sorry to hear that you've dealt with the dreaded Parvo...but I believe that you nailed it with...
his stool is like a reddish orange. I'm freaking out!! It looks like the color of the dog food

This sounds to me exactly what you seen in his stool. They dyes used in the food he snatched... No need to rush to the vet just yet. Watch him...but I would have to say he's fine...just that cheap food with the dye...is leaving his system. But he sounds fine to me. My dad's dog years ago recovered from Parvo...so yeah...I know how every little thing caught our eye...Good for you for noticing it...and second guessing it. But...honestly...I think you can rest assured that this most likely isn't an issue to rush him off to the vet.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Thanks so much!! This dog is really my 3rd child he does not even know he is a dog. I'm so thankful he is a fighter and beat parvo and I am so thankful I found all of you! I try not to panic but sometimes can't help it. Lol

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=2121]melanieian[/MENTION] No...Parvo is a scary thing to beat...and to go through with a pet...And I think all our fur kids are our babies...so never worry or fear about being over concerned for your fur baby. I'm sure we've all been there at some point in our lives...

Glad you found us too...Looking forward to more pictures of your lil' one...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ugh, Beneful...that'll do it. It's LOADED with dyes to make it look appetizing to US! I think your baby will be okay.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I gave Moe some sweet potato treats and his stool was yellow and orange from it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My boys poo comes out white often but I would say that is from all the dang tissue Cutty insists on eating. :crazy: I agree with everyone else, hopefully no runs appear from it.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thanks so much!! This dog is really my 3rd child he does not even know he is a dog. I'm so thankful he is a fighter and beat parvo and I am so thankful I found all of you! I try not to panic but sometimes can't help it. Lol

don't apologize I am the same way.. you simply LOVE your dog and that is a good thing.. I am sure it is like others said "nothing to worry about"

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Normal color stool!!! Yay!!! I know what u mean about tissue Brodie goes crazy when he sees tissue or paper towels. Strange. Lol

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am glad everything is ok! I was going to comment on how Tubs got into my parent's dog's food one night, with everyone in the house, and when I got home from work I freaked because he was soooooo bloated! I noticed it right away and asked what happened. My daughter proceeded to tell me he got into Sadie's food! The funny thing was, no one else noticed it. The next morning he was back to normal!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.