Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hi,

I would like to reach to our group for advice and help with my baby. Izzy has been diagnosed with "spayed incontinence"after many accidents inside the house and also while she was sleeping. Her vet gave her some hormones as medication and I am not sure this is the best approach for this situation.

Since Izzy started taking the meds she became more tired and aggressive... almost like she is PMSing :)

She even tried to attack this other dog during one of our walks this week. Very atypical of her since she usually is very chill about other dogs.

Thank you!
Michelle

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=6190]Izzy's Mom[/MENTION] Oh so sorry to hear about Izzy's problems!! I'm no help though, BUT I'm sure some of the more experienced bully owners will be along soon. How stressful for you both!! I pray someone has the answer for you Michelle!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi,

I would like to reach to our group for advice and help with my baby. Izzy has been diagnosed with "spayed incontinence"after many accidents inside the house and also while she was sleeping. Her vet gave her some hormones as medication and I am not sure this is the best approach for this situation.

Since Izzy started taking the meds she became more tired and aggressive... almost like she is PMSing :)

She even tried to attack this other dog during one of our walks this week. Very atypical of her since she usually is very chill about other dogs.

Thank you!
Michelle

I personally wouldnā€™t give any meds from the vet as itā€™s chemicals. I as a woman wouldnā€™t even take anything from my gyno unless it was natural. Way too many links towards cancers. I know for dogs just like women, you need to up the good fats like fish, exercise, overeating or undereating, avoid carbs as it turns into sugars so not sure how much carbs is in her kibbles. Hereā€™s a link that might help you. Make sure you read the bottom comments from dog owners.

https://www.essentialanimals.com/essential-oils-for-a-dogs-hormonal-imbalance/

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I personally wouldnā€™t give any meds from the vet as itā€™s chemicals. I as a woman wouldnā€™t even take anything from my gyno unless it was natural. Way too many links towards cancers. I know for dogs just like women, you need to up the good fats like fish, exercise, overeating or undereating, avoid carbs as it turns into sugars so not sure how much carbs is in her kibbles. Hereā€™s a link that might help you. Make sure you read the bottom comments from dog owners.

https://www.essentialanimals.com/essential-oils-for-a-dogs-hormonal-imbalance/

Thanks, I also prefer a natural approach and thats why hormones is such a big question mark to me. I had no idea this is a common issue when a dog is spayed too early. Izzy got spayed at 6 months..... so she has a natural hormone imbalance that now is affecting her bladder :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, I also prefer a natural approach and thats why hormones is such a big question mark to me. I had no idea this is a common issue when a dog is spayed too early. Izzy got spayed at 6 months..... so she has a natural hormone imbalance that now is affecting her bladder :(

This is my main reason why Duke had a vasectomy n if I would get another female itā€™s going to be tube tied only. I believe they need to go through the lifecycles. Like women, why rip everything out to get it over with. Unless a health issue.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I agree with you now.... I heard throughout my life how important was to spay female because of cancer... now I question my decision knowing other issues may arise with early spay.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Izzy'sMom My sister's Doberman had this problem, after she was spayed. She was on ppa, company name Proin, which is non hormonal. As long as she was taking it, she had no problem with urine.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
@Izzy'sMom My sister's Doberman had this problem, after she was spayed. She was on ppa, company name Proin, which is non hormonal. As long as she was taking it, she had no problem with urine.
I heard about Proin too. I am reading on essential oils as well. After reading a few articles I will stop the hormone treatment TODAY! Sounds like poison to me :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
L-Arginine powder is something worth a try with all incontinence problems.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am so sad to hear this! Hoping some of these suggestions solves this issue
for sweet Izzy and I will pray for God to heal her. Please keep us updated on
her progress. Sending big hugs from Central TX down to y'all in Houston, TX...XOXO

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
Hi,

Thank you!
Michelle

About 15 years ago or so we had collie with this. She was spayed at 19 months and within 6 months of being spayed she would lose all bladder control when she slept. The vet put her on medication (it was non-hormonal) and it completely cleared up. I don't remember the name of it but there didn't seem to be any side effects. So there may be some old school medications out there with less side effects. Hopefully you can find a safe and effective treatment!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I heard about Proin too. I am reading on essential oils as well. After reading a few articles I will stop the hormone treatment TODAY! Sounds like poison to me :(

Another thing comes to mind is Melatonin or Dong Quai. Also Omgea 3 but organic as you can fin tons of fish oil with mercury or chemicals. L-arginine like mentioned by [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]. Thatā€™s for blood flow n relaxing.

Vitamin-Rich Herbs for Your Pets - Dogs Naturally Magazine

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience, but wanted to say HI! and hope to see some pictures of you sweet girl.

Hope you find a healthy solution for her... keep us posted

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have no experience, but wanted to say HI! and hope to see some pictures of you sweet girl.

Hope you find a healthy solution for her... keep us posted
Ive been MIA since our wedding... many changes in Izzy's life including a big brother that won't leave her side (and she hates it!!!)

Attaching some pics here.

Thank you all for advice, I wrote it down and will start my research soon. I heard many great alternatives and I will try not to be compulsive and try them all at the same time :p 20525422_10155539636879254_6618933241613863307_n.jpg22687755_10155767532939254_5658636964381417546_n.jpg24993425_10155903919809254_7266489853234744870_n.jpg28166265_10156106058084254_1975490909798355792_n.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ive been MIA since our wedding... many changes in Izzy's life including a big brother that won't leave her side (and she hates it!!!)

Attaching some pics here.

Thank you all for advice, I wrote it down and will start my research soon. I heard many great alternatives and I will try not to be compulsive and try them all at the same time :p View attachment 112002View attachment 112003View attachment 112004View attachment 112005

BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks great and so NOY happy in the picture with her new brother... Mom.. get him away from me!! LOL

Members online

No members online now.