Samson is shedding like crazy, which is making me crazy

cbuttah

Oct 10, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Any suggestions on how I can manage this? Is it related to food or the weather? Please let me know if you guys have any ideas. Thanks. Oh and he eats FROMM

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bulldogs do shed like crazy...right now Bertie is shedding so much I wonder if she is going to be bald when I wake up...LOL
They do shed more at different times of the year.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He is probably blowing his winter coat due to warmer weather. It should improve soon! Bullys always shed but even more so at this time of year.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
My boys aren't shedding real bad right now...as mentioned above...could be the seasonal blowing of the coat.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
All of mine are shedding terrible too right now, I am using a furminator on them and bathing them once a wk now until its done I cant tell the difference between grooming shop or my house there is so Much hair everywhere.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh and he eats FROMM

You are good! It really made me smile when I read this part! If you hadn't of said that...most of your answers would have questioned food. :up::up::up:

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
samson is also shedding like crazy. We just had a long winter and are just getting warmer weather, in the 50's. I am also in the process of switching his food to NV Instinct so i am hoping its the weather lol.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
As long as your feedding a great food(which you are) I really just think that Bullies shed a lot. that was one thing that I wasnt expecting,but after a year and 8 months Iam quite used to it!

Most Reactions