Help Needed! PICTURES: What is this rash?

Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
Hi guys, George has had this rash on his chest/shoulder area for months now but it just recently started getting worse. I'm guessing it might ne a food allergy? Could it be fleas, ticks, allergy... it also seems to have spread to his right side of his face. His right eye does have entropian (eyelid turned inwards) and he does seem to scratch at it. which is what I thought could be why his was loosing his fur and skin looked red. My vet seems to always brush it off. But I've noticed it get worse the past week or two.

Ignore the patch on his arm/wrist... he just got neutered Thursday and that's where they shaved.

IMG_9215.jpgIMG_9214.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Very light pink. Can be the food. Try giving him Benadryl yet?

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
Very light pink. Can be the food. Try giving him Benadryl yet?

Benadryl for humans? Sorry I'm still so new to this. I have no tried that. like I said its been there for months now but its gotten worse and I noticed his side of his face is looking a medium pink.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Benadryl for humans? Sorry I'm still so new to this. I have no tried that. like I said its been there for months now but its gotten worse and I noticed his side of his face is looking a medium pink.

Yes Madame....benedryl = 1 for each 25 lbs.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Is it possible demodex mange? Tucker had some bald spots that looked similar when he was younger. After a skin scraping, he was diagnosed, and it is transmitted from the mother. I give him Heartgard and Nexgard monthly, which has cured it.

Tucker and Sophie are both allergic to chicken, but their skin looked much worse and showed up quickly. Once I realized it was a food allergy, I switched foods, and their skin improved right away. Tucker's ear:
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Judging from the pic it looks like heā€™s losing fur and the skin is inflamed...Iā€™ll guess itā€™s a staph infection.
Let it go until you get his digestive tract sorted out.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yeah, this is most probably staph. Ask your vet for scrape, he will see under microscope whatā€™s there, also will eliminate mange ( or confirm). Work on his food, as food allergy prepares soil for staph or mange. Add high quality fish oil and probiotics. These two supplements are essential for skin health. In my opinion Benedryl wonā€™t help. Donā€™t even bother.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
For staph doctor may recommend you antibiotics and medicated shampoo. Mange is treated with Nexgard once a month.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys, George has had this rash on his chest/shoulder area for months now but it just recently started getting worse. I'm guessing it might ne a food allergy? Could it be fleas, ticks, allergy... it also seems to have spread to his right side of his face. His right eye does have entropian (eyelid turned inwards) and he does seem to scratch at it. which is what I thought could be why his was loosing his fur and skin looked red. My vet seems to always brush it off. But I've noticed it get worse the past week or two.

Ignore the patch on his arm/wrist... he just got neutered Thursday and that's where they shaved.

View attachment 111735View attachment 111736

Under a year old and on his face/shoulder --- I would ask the vet to scrape and test for manage.

Members online

No members online now.