Help Needed! Cluster seizures/hypoxemia. Plz help!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes, I mentioned in a prior post(or i thought i did) that I am using frankincense in a diffuser like you suggested. It does seem to help him chill out a bit and breathe steady. Thanks for the suggestion. He's been sitting around with me all morning and occasionally going outside to bark at the neighbors cat. lol

Edit: Just a random thing - I found Jax's sister on the adoption page, dated back to 2013. We fostered her for a bit before returning her to the rescue where she was rehomed and eventually found a furever home. Small-world! I wish we would have found this site sooner!

And you probably did. I reply to so many post not funny. Lol....

Also did you see this video? Last time you said you couldn’t open it.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.montella.9/posts/10214983522840126

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Anvil of Oak

Anvil of Oak

Mar 9, 2018
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cracker Jax
Update: Jax is acting more normal. Only issues we have seen is a lowered activity level, and side effects from the phenobarbital. He responds well to the frankincense. I don't mind it either. We can't afford and do not have the time to take him for an ultrasound right now. We decided to continue the current treatment for a few more weeks until we can get time off work and get there.

Once again thank you all for your support.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: Jax is acting more normal. Only issues we have seen is a lowered activity level, and side effects from the phenobarbital. He responds well to the frankincense. I don't mind it either. We can't afford and do not have the time to take him for an ultrasound right now. We decided to continue the current treatment for a few more weeks until we can get time off work and get there.

Once again thank you all for your support.

Still good progress! Keep us posted!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The lasix is keeping him going. I still think that the seizures are caused by the congestive heart failure, lack of oxygen rich blood to the brain. That's why seeing a cardiologist is SOOOO important. There are other medications that can be given along with the lasix that will further improve heart function...this is extremely important.
Wishing you and Jax all the luck in the world.

OP
Anvil of Oak

Anvil of Oak

Mar 9, 2018
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cracker Jax
The lasix is keeping him going. I still think that the seizures are caused by the congestive heart failure, lack of oxygen rich blood to the brain. That's why seeing a cardiologist is SOOOO important. There are other medications that can be given along with the lasix that will further improve heart function...this is extremely important.
Wishing you and Jax all the luck in the world.

Thank you [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] and yes, I agree.

OP
Anvil of Oak

Anvil of Oak

Mar 9, 2018
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cracker Jax
Update: Jax is somewhat stable. He has been much happier. We have a foster dog that he has grown attached to. As long as we keep him calm and keep him out of the heat he does "ok". But any major activity or heat and he starts having episodes again.

I'm averaging 73.88 hours a week for 2018 at work, and am trying to get vaction to get Jax to the cardiologist soon. Been rough.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice. :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: Jax is somewhat stable. He has been much happier. We have a foster dog that he has grown attached to. As long as we keep him calm and keep him out of the heat he does "ok". But any major activity or heat and he starts having episodes again.

I'm averaging 73.88 hours a week for 2018 at work, and am trying to get vaction to get Jax to the cardiologist soon. Been rough.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice. :)

Thank you for the update... keep us posted and will continue to send prayers and positive thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luvabullicious

Jun 5, 2018
Country
U.s.a.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky Romeo Lily and Bella
Have heard great success with CBD oil from cannibus. We had our first bulldog who had terrible seizures. Used phenobarbital gave muscle shots of lorazepam. But I would have tried the cbd if I’d heard of it back then. Seen Parkinson’s patients under control with cbd oil charlottes web it’s called. Good luck. They are such joys.

OP
Anvil of Oak

Anvil of Oak

Mar 9, 2018
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cracker Jax
It has been a long time since I updated this thread. Jax is stable and doing ok, considering his age.

We started going on morning walks again, but they have gotten shorter and shorter. About one day a month or so he will have cluster seizures then take three or four days to recover back to normal. He's on half a tab of Lasix a day, and a dose of phenobarbital.

We were unable to get to the cardiologist. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that sedating him would probably end up being fatal.

He's doing well for his age, and still acts like my little pup.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and kind words. I know it won't be long, he's considerably old for a bully, and I am thankful for every moment I've had with him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It has been a long time since I updated this thread. Jax is stable and doing ok, considering his age.

We started going on morning walks again, but they have gotten shorter and shorter. About one day a month or so he will have cluster seizures then take three or four days to recover back to normal. He's on half a tab of Lasix a day, and a dose of phenobarbital.

We were unable to get to the cardiologist. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that sedating him would probably end up being fatal.

He's doing well for his age, and still acts like my little pup.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and kind words. I know it won't be long, he's considerably old for a bully, and I am thankful for every moment I've had with him.

Give your sweet boy big hugs from all of us.... thank you for an update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cherish and enjoy every minute. 10yrs old for an EB and still going is fantastic. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.