Groomer vs at home

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
So y'all do your own grooming at home, or do you have a professional have the honors?

Imagine wrestling with a wet, soapy, slippery pig.

That's exactly how it was giving Ty his bath.
He loved it, and thought it was an extra special play time.
There would be literally, water on the ceiling.

Sooooo.............for $25, our local groomer will bathe, tea tree oil skin treatment, clean ears and tail pocket, express anals and grind nails.

She's great, and he loves to go there.

Totally worth it.

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
So far groomer for my stinky puppy too. When I tried to bath him myself he had white flaky dandruff all over and still smelled terrible. Plus I have no idea how to trim nails. At least with the groomer he smells clean for a day or two plus they do his nails, clean his teeth & ears. He's never had his anals expressed how often is that needed??

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I give baths at home and clean ears at home. We grind Jax’s nails ourselves but have to take Louie to get his done. Neither of them have tail pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So y'all do your own grooming at home, or do you have a professional have the honors?

Imagine wrestling with a wet, soapy, slippery pig.

That's exactly how it was giving Ty his bath.
He loved it, and thought it was an extra special play time.
There would be literally, water on the ceiling.

Sooooo.............for $25, our local groomer will bathe, tea tree oil skin treatment, clean ears and tail pocket, express anals and grind nails.

She's great, and he loves to go there.

Totally worth it.

The tea tree oil skin treatment, ask with what is it diluted? Careful with tea tree as needs to be diluted with a carrier oil n not a water base liquid. Just my 2cents. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a great groomer (I used to work with her at a dog daycare) .... take the boys every two or three weeks for nails and twice a year for a bath.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
We have a great groomer (I used to work with her at a dog daycare) .... take the boys every two or three weeks for nails and twice a year for a bath.

Really...only twice a year??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Really...only twice a year??

Yep... in Summer we play in water (hose, baby pool) but only actually bathe when they are dirty. End of spring and then end of fall

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Not much grooming for Mr Castor. We take him to the vet's for his nails a couple of times a year but he doesn't shower unless he has a skin infection (and then we use chlorehexidine shampoo). Last time he showered was last summer... We dry his feet with a towel when he's been out and keep an eye his noserope and folds but we try not to mess with his skin unless needed.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
IMO part of owning a dog is taking care of it's basic needs. I like to fix their meals, clean their ears, eyes, bathing... etc. It's interacting with your dog, bonding and it's time together. I would not pay somebody to do something that I can do myself.

Members online

No members online now.