Acting Strange

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
For the past couple days my bulldog has not been acting normal. In the morning he doesnā€™t want to get out of bed for anything, not even food. He wonā€™t budge so Iā€™ll end up having to feed him
His breakfasts in bed because I donā€™t want him to go hungry. And at night time it seems that he is just restless and uncomfortable! Other than these two things he seems
Completely fine. Eats normal, drinks normal. He loves to play outside with his soccer ball and now that the weather has been nicer in New England Iā€™ll play with him for over an hour a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could possibly be happening ?! Should I be concerned over just over concerned fur mom.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
If this is not his normal behavior, yes you should be concerned.
how long has it been going on? is it getting worse?

you say he plays with his ball, but seems uncomfortable at night, I might want to think along the line of some hip or bone pain.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He could be in pain. I would probably take him to the vet to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
He could be getting rheumatoid arthritis since you are stiff in morning with that disease. You should get his blood tested at vet.

OP
SampsonsMumma

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
So far itā€™s only been 2 days and only in the morning before I leave for work. When I get home from work
He is always ready to go and plays with his soccer ball outside. He will fall asleep easily then will wake up and canā€™t seem
To get comfortable and restless. At first I thought it was because he wasnā€™t use to doing this much exercise outside since thereā€™s usually snow everywhere.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree-he may have some pain. Having arthritis,I know it is difficult to find a comfortable position,and it's always worse at night. If he is restless all night, he may be so tired by morning. The weather can also affect you, if it is arthritis. I would, as mentioned, take him in for a check up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How do they check if he has arthritis? X-Rays?

I agree sounds like some level of pain.... xrays will confirm arthritis and in the meantime you can go on Amazon and get Movoflex. I use it for Cheli (fused vertrea) and it really does work. On chewable a day and it is more natural ingredients.
Also see if your vet provides laser therapy... they are wonderful. Again, I use this for Cheli and our girl Banks had terrible arthritis in her back and hips... these sessions were a godsend and she was like a puppy at times from the relief it provied

OP
SampsonsMumma

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
Which movo flex do you use? I looked it up on amazon and there are so many different kinds. Do
You give it once a day? And are there any side effects to giving them this. Sorry for all the questions!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Which movo flex do you use? I looked it up on amazon and there are so many different kinds. Do
You give it once a day? And are there any side effects to giving them this. Sorry for all the questions!

No side effects at all.... you buy the one for your dogs weight, yes once a day

OP
SampsonsMumma

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
Is this safe to use even though he hasnā€™t been diagnosed with anything yet? Also can you buy these anywhere in stores or only online? Also, I havenā€™t been giving Sampson any chicken due to
Allergies I see that this has chicken meal
In it would that be alright ?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is this safe to use even though he hasnā€™t been diagnosed with anything yet? Also can you buy these anywhere in stores or only online? Also, I havenā€™t been giving Sampson any chicken due to
Allergies I see that this has chicken meal
In it would that be alright ?

Yes, they are safe without diagnosis. I bought my first bottle at the vet, but found they did not require a prescription so I searched online for them.

UGH on the chicken... how high of an allergy to chicken? My girl Banks could not have ANY at all she would break out in hives, but my by has a lower level and can handle meal/liver

OP
SampsonsMumma

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
It isnā€™t a major allergy I just simply took it out of his diet totally because he was having stomach issues and I figured I would take it out completely. Heā€™s never had a reaction to it I just really try to avoid it. I also see there are some good reviews on nujoint plus, nuvet and dasiquin. How do you decide which is best for your bully?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It isnā€™t a major allergy I just simply took it out of his diet totally because he was having stomach issues and I figured I would take it out completely. Heā€™s never had a reaction to it I just really try to avoid it. I also see there are some good reviews on nujoint plus, nuvet and dasiquin. How do you decide which is best for your bully?

Some items are trial and error, but I am beyond lucky to have found a vet I trust completely... and he loves Movoflex - he prefers to go natural as much as he can and is always into the newest technology/treatments even if it means he is not getting the 'sale'.

as for the other products, they are all good as well... it comes down to finding what works best for your baby.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.