Homeboyreg

Mar 1, 2018
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Hi this is my first-time post iam worried sick my 2 year old bulldog is really not well he had a little cut on the back of his head 2 weeks ago on Sunday night a rash exploded all over his neck and head with tiny little blisters pouring with puss and blood got him to vets first thing Monday ware they shaved his head and neck gave me antibiotics and hibi scrub its now Thursday and he hasn't moved at all ive hand feed him his usel food and water he hasn't been to toilet his breathing is very lethargic and his head is a appalling mess cant get to vets as am snowed in .is it best to leave him or to get him up and about he just wants to lye by al little fan that keeps his head cool any advice would be welcome

Last edited:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sounds like a staph aureus bacterial infection, possibly methicillin resistant staph aureus, which will need vancomycin antibiotic, not the one he's on, so I would definitely take him back to vet as soon as possible.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
GO GET HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Septic infections move fast, minutes can count if they're not on the correct antibiotic.
multisystem organ failure can set in with fatal results.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi this is my first-time post iam worried sick my 2 year old bulldog is really not well he had a little cut on the back of his head 2 weeks ago on Sunday night a rash exploded all over his neck and head with tiny little blisters pouring with puss and blood got him to vets first thing Monday ware they shaved his head and neck gave me antibiotics and hibi scrub its now Thursday and he hasn't moved at all ive hand feed him his usel food and water he hasn't been to toilet his breathing is very lethargic and his head is a appalling mess cant get to vets as am snowed in .is it best to leave him or to get him up and about he just wants to lye by al little fan that keeps his head cool any advice would be welcome

Get to the vet.... he may be going into shock

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I’ve learned with first time post, to reply with a quote or their names as some might not know how to navigate. And then you have the ones that has no issues. Took me forever for photos. This case we are 6-8hrs difference...just a thought....

[MENTION=18098]Homeboyreg[/MENTION]...great advice above!! Keep us posted!!!

OP
H

Homeboyreg

Mar 1, 2018
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Reggie has been to vets this mornig had antibiotic injection and steroid was showing a lot of signs of being in shock thankfully not people say I over ready but hes worth it thanks people for the time you took to reply .Bulldog power Pease out����

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Reggie has been to vets this mornig had antibiotic injection and steroid was showing a lot of signs of being in shock thankfully not people say I over ready but hes worth it thanks people for the time you took to reply .Bulldog power Pease out����

With a bulldog, you have to always be at the ready!! Happy he is on the mend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18098]Homeboyreg[/MENTION] So glad you did go to the vet! Hope your boy is on the mend-and will be well soon! Bad things can happen in an instant-as you have found out!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.