Skin tags?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I read your thread from last year on what you thought were skintags on Bowser. Our bully had exactly the same issue on his neck and the back of his head - did you ever get a second diagnosis on the issue or has it improved at all? Any feedback you may have will be most appreciated!!

Can you post a photo? How old is your baby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeelZ

Dec 5, 2019
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bismarck
Its a little hard to get a good picture without blurring , but hope you can get the idea here...Bismarck is almost 4 years old

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for the link to recommended vets I will see if thereā€™s one close by and hopefully take bowser soon.

The pictures kinda blur the ā€œskin tagsā€ together more than they really are. They donā€™t bother bowser at all Iā€™ve even squeezed one once before and no reaction.

A squeeze did produce a tiny tiny amount of like an oil ā€” not puss definitely not puss.

My thought is his pores are somehow getting clogged with oil and resulting in these skin tag like things?

Not sure if that is possible.

Hopefully I will have him to a new vet this week with an answer!

Thank you all again for your help and I welcome more opinions too!

Any update?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Its a little hard to get a good picture without blurring , but hope you can get the idea here...Bismarck is almost 4 years old

Iā€™m thinking some type of skin infection... I quoted the OP to see if the is an updateā€” hopefully they reply

LeelZ

Dec 5, 2019
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bismarck
Sorry guys, photo's attached now. Lots of tiny little "tags" and then one big one which developed about a week ago. Does not seem to worry Bismarck, does not scratch or itch but you can feel them very prominently on his neck.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.PNG
    IMG_2295.PNG
    421.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2296.PNG
    IMG_2296.PNG
    438.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2297.PNG
    IMG_2297.PNG
    435.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2298.PNG
    IMG_2298.PNG
    398.7 KB · Views: 94

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]... any insight?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I have no experience with skin tags...other than on me, and I don't like them. I'll see if Sandy has any experience...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have no experience with skin tags...other than on me, and I don't like them. I'll see if Sandy has any experience...

I really do not think these are skin tags.... wondering if some type of infection

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Hi all!

So we never got bowsers diagnosed because after constant monitoring they seem to be allergy related - they flare up or disappear with his other allergy symptoms. The vet agreed so we left it as is.

Bowser is never effected by them nor do they seem to ever bother him. ā€”they bother me the most!

Would love to one day figure out what they are but for now itā€™s on the back burner. Wish I had more info!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi all!

So we never got bowsers diagnosed because after constant monitoring they seem to be allergy related - they flare up or disappear with his other allergy symptoms. The vet agreed so we left it as is.

Bowser is never effected by them nor do they seem to ever bother him. ā€”they bother me the most!

Would love to one day figure out what they are but for now itā€™s on the back burner. Wish I had more info!

Itā€™s a start.... hope they stay away

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Ulysses has the exact same type of skin tags and they are also on that side of his neck. They appeared years ago, maybe 5 years or so. I was really worried at the time but the vet told us that it was a skin defect. Although they have slowly become more over the years, they have never really changed, which is what she told me to watch out for (they also never went away). I remember that they first appeared after we put some anti-tick medication in there. All of his hair fell off and short after he got the tags. So I associated the both and never used that sort of stuff again. Now he is getting warts in different parts of his body, the vet said these things come with age (he is 8 now). So I'm not sure whether this is helpful but at least you know now another bully who has those. Could they just be one of those weird things bulldogs get?

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Our 7 year old bully, Bogey has about 50 of them on the back of his neck. Vet assured my son they looked very benign, and pretty much all the same size. They do not bother him at all. Vet said he would biopsy them only if they start to change size. He has had them for over 5 years ( started getting them at about age 2.5).

Members online