Skin tags?

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Hi everyone.

Bowser has been getting what look just like skin tags on the back of his neck. After a trip to the vet he wasn't quite sure exactly what they were but gave us Omega 3 pills to add to his food in hopes that would make the tags go away.

It hasn't worked and after a month the tags are still there.

Again they look exactly like human skin tags, very small but noticeable to the touch.

Any one have any idea what they could be?

Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone.

Bowser has been getting what look just like skin tags on the back of his neck. After a trip to the vet he wasn't quite sure exactly what they were but gave us Omega 3 pills to add to his food in hopes that would make the tags go away.

Again they look exactly like human skin tags, very small but noticeable to the touch.

Thanks in advance

Could you post some pictures please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance

Hi there.....how old is your dog? Skin tags usually occurs when the dog is older. They are not dangerous at all. Just like in humans. Also, did the vet suggest a diagnostic of the tag(s)? Very important to eliminate tumor or cancer. Iā€™m NOT saying itā€™s that but....heh I would definitely rule it out. But thatā€™s me. Also I have NEVER heard giving omega for tags...that vet just took you for a ride there!!! My opinion, change vets as that vet should of advise you, you need a diagnosis and if itā€™s tags only way to get rid of them is freeze them ( Nitrous oxide or liquid nitrogen). Basically itā€™s done like in humans. So if he/she never bothered suggesting all of this, you have a vet that just sees $$$$$$ and not your babyā€™s health.

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
I will try to get some pictures later today. It's a little hard to get clear pictures of them but I will try. Again they are very small tags that are only really noticeable if you go digging for them in his fur.

Bowser is a little over 2.5 now.

As for the vet, he said the omega would help clear his skin up and if it doesn't work he would like to take a diagnostic.

Problem with the vet is he is very down on bulldogs -- always remarking about how much problems they have -- So i'd rather not go back to him unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you both for the responses and again I'll try to get a clear picture later tonight

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will try to get some pictures later today. It's a little hard to get clear pictures of them but I will try. Again they are very small tags that are only really noticeable if you go digging for them in his fur.

As for the vet, he said the omega would help clear his skin up and if it doesn't work he would like to take a diagnostic.

Problem with the vet is he is very down on bulldogs -- always remarking about how much problems they have -- So i'd rather not go back to him unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you both for the responses and again I'll try to get a clear picture later tonight

If itā€™s 100% sure they are tags again omega wonā€™t do nothing.

https://www.skintagsgone.com/home-remedies-skin-tags-dogs/

Home Remedies for Skin Tags on Dogs and How to Identify Skin Tags

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Sounds like you need a new vet!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Where are you located... we might have a member recommended vet in your area?

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Iā€™m located in Connecticut in the Fairfield area.

Also pictures (best I could get) 79483E42-B3FE-4CCD-B754-3F5DF0ECF39B.jpeg
438BF552-7CAE-4E13-8F6B-82B72D0FDBEE.jpeg
3C773080-D325-40AE-8498-E79EFB378278.jpeg

Up close they look like skin tags but bunched together

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Never seen a bunch of skin tag clogged up together like that...you? Tiny Warts?
[MENTION=16345]TimPiro[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Definitely not skin tags.... some type of infection is my guess.

Here is the list of member vet recommendations ... hopefully there is one near you

English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians

Thatā€™s what I thought after seeing the photos. Even looked like eggs... That vet has got to go!!! [MENTION=16345]TimPiro[/MENTION] look up the vet recommendations Christine just posted for you n keep us posted plz as this helps us to know n be more helpful.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie has a little skin tag on his ear and it looks nothing like that.

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Thank you for the link to recommended vets I will see if thereā€™s one close by and hopefully take bowser soon.

The pictures kinda blur the ā€œskin tagsā€ together more than they really are. They donā€™t bother bowser at all Iā€™ve even squeezed one once before and no reaction.

A squeeze did produce a tiny tiny amount of like an oil ā€” not puss definitely not puss.

My thought is his pores are somehow getting clogged with oil and resulting in these skin tag like things?

Not sure if that is possible.

Hopefully I will have him to a new vet this week with an answer!

Thank you all again for your help and I welcome more opinions too!

LeelZ

Dec 5, 2019
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bismarck
I read your thread from last year on what you thought were skintags on Bowser. Our bully had exactly the same issue on his neck and the back of his head - did you ever get a second diagnosis on the issue or has it improved at all? Any feedback you may have will be most appreciated!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of mine has a skin tag on her hip. Usually they are kind of loose at the base, and you can wiggle it.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.