buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
I just purchased my English Bulldog who is 12 weeks old, and all of sudden this popped up on his face. I think it is a histiocytoma. I'm worried about it near his eye, does anyone have any advice or suggestions Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 9.08.52 PM.png

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sure does look like a histocytoma.... they normally just go away own their own and should not impact anything. However, I had never seen two at one time
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

OP
B

buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
I'm just worried about the one near his eye, because I feel like it could be hurting him. The vet took a skin biopsy today, I'm just waiting on it to come back. I'm just worried so I'm trying to get some advice.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm just worried about the one near his eye, because I feel like it could be hurting him. The vet took a skin biopsy today, I'm just waiting on it to come back. I'm just worried so I'm trying to get some advice.

understood... there is really nothing you can do for them, if you want you can do a warm compress, but they really are not painful in any way. I tagged the two members that know the most about them...they will be along soon

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I do not know alot about them but your vet did the right thing by doing a skin biopsy. Some Veterinarians will remove them with a laser treatment. (my vet doesn't have that) If it is benign, most would say,just keep an eye(no pun) on it. It is worrisome that it is so close to his eye.I,too would be worried. Get a probiotic to put in his food(to help his immune system)\and make sure you are feeding him a good grain free food. If all turns out well, if he were my dog, I would gently apply a little NuStock on it, not getting any too near the eye.(but that is just my choice). Most of them do go away after a while.Never have seen 2 at once. Most of the time,younger dogs get them,probably because they haven't developed a strong immune system.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Make sure Vet cultures for Ringworm

Members online