Help Needed! My bulldog loses a lot of hair :(

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Hi, Some weeks ago my bulldog started losing a lot of hair and every day is worse :( I changed her shampoo, shower once a week, brush her hair every day, and it does not end :(, she has five and a half months and your food is acana duck and pear, another thing, your hair is greasy, Is it possible that it is your food? HELPPP PLEASE.

IMG_1944.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, it could be the food, but washing once week is also not good for the coat. What season is it in Chili? They do blow their coat twice a year... late spring and late fall

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
What a beautiful dog ! I wouldn't wash her very often unless she has skin sores. Bulldogs do shed twice a year. Acana duck and pear is very good, but maybe she has become allergic to duck. You can try another food from the Acana singles dog food lineup such as lamb and apple, pork and squash, or wild mackerel. Or try ground up commercial frozen raw if that's available in Chile.

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Yes, it could be the food, but washing once week is also not good for the coat. What season is it in Chili? They do blow their coat twice a year... late spring and late fall

It's summer, since he started losing hair the bathroom once a week, But it does not work.

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
What a beautiful dog ! I wouldn't wash her very often unless she has skin sores. Bulldogs do shed twice a year. Acana duck and pear is very good, but maybe she has become allergic to duck. You can try another food from the Acana singles dog food lineup such as lamb and apple, pork and squash, or wild mackerel. Or try ground up commercial frozen raw if that's available in Chile.

Your dogs are beautiful too :D, I do not have many options in Chile :(.

* Acana Duck & Pear
* Acana Mackerel & greens
* Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic
* Acana Heritage Free Run Poultry
* Acana Heritage Freshwater Fish
* Acana Regionals Meadowlands Dog
* Taste of the wild Pacific Stream
* Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream Puppy
* Taste of The Wild Wetlands Dry
* Orijen Orijen Six Fish Dog
* ORijen Orijen Original Dog

Those are basically the premiun foods in chile, There are also the most traditional brands, Eukanuba, Royal Canin, Hills, Diamond, Bill Jac, brit, Instinc etc.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hi, Some weeks ago my bulldog started losing a lot of hair and every day is worse :( I changed her shampoo, shower once a week, brush her hair every day, and it does not end :(, she has five and a half months and your food is acana duck and pear, another thing, your hair is greasy, Is it possible that it is your food? HELPPP PLEASE.

View attachment 110826

Hola from Castor!
I agree that dogs should not shower that often. Generally, a dog only needs to shower if she's terribly dirty or if she has some kind of medical issues - and then you might need a special shampoo for that issue.

Castor eats Acana lamb and apple. Fish oil or some fish might be good for the coat, perhaps?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

* Acana Duck & Pear

Those are basically the premiun foods in chile, There are also the most traditional brands, Eukanuba, Royal Canin, Hills, Diamond, Bill Jac, brit, Instinc etc.

Stay away from those 'traditional' brands... not good stuff. Continue with one of the Acana formulas

Bathe only when really dirty... i only do twice a year unless they get into something .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose

* Acana Duck & Pear

I do not have the option of frozen foods in chile :(

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Stay away from those 'traditional' brands... not good stuff. Continue with one of the Acana formulas

Bathe only when really dirty... i only do twice a year unless they get into something .

Thanks for your advice :) I will follow them, which formula acana would be the best?, considering that my little rose is only 5/2 months old, Sorry to ask so much, it's my first dog, and I care a lot for it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My bulldog loses a lot of hair 😞

Thanks for your advice [emoji4] I will follow them, which formula acana would be the best?, considering that my little rose is only 5/2 months old, Sorry to ask so much, it's my first dog, and I care a lot for it.

Go with the one Dollys Owner suggested... get her fur and skin settled and then switch back to the duck/pear

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Hello again, I went to the vet with my little rose, and he got him a kind of mushroom, He said it's common in bulldog, he placed a topical cream 2 times a day, for 7 days, it's day 2 and I still do not see improvement, he had to shave where it was located the mushroom, apparently it's because of the humidity, Did something like this happen to you?, I must ask for another opinion? :(

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 9.34.22 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 9.34.25 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 9.34.29 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 9.34.43 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 9.34.51 PM.jpeg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello again, I went to the vet with my little rose, and he got him a kind of mushroom, He said it's common in bulldog, he placed a topical cream 2 times a day, for 7 days, it's day 2 and I still do not see improvement, he had to shave where it was located the mushroom, apparently it's because of the humidity, Did something like this happen to you?, I must ask for another opinion? :(

View attachment 110884
View attachment 110885
View attachment 110886
View attachment 110887
View attachment 110888

Any chance you have a picture before it was shaved?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think you mean a fungus(mushroom) or a hotspot. If the cream is going to work, it will take longer than day 2. Let us know in a couple more days,please. [MENTION=17853]LGFERRER89[/MENTION]:yes:

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Any chance you have a picture before it was shaved?

I do not have pictures before, he lost his hair in one part, and he started to have a kind of white powder

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.