Should I be worried?

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Hi all,

Hobson is sounding chesty, and has a sort of cough or throat clearing issue going on. The cough type noise isn't constant and when he barks he sounds like his throat is sore, its very difficult to explain. He has snored since we got him but this cough type noise is new should i get him to the vet? Hobson is 14 weeks old.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At his age... a cough or chesty sounds should be checked by a vet... puppies can get pneumonia very quickly

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes, I would do a vet check just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi all,

Hobson is sounding chesty, and has a sort of cough or throat clearing issue going on. The cough type noise isn't constant and when he barks he sounds like his throat is sore, its very difficult to explain. He has snored since we got him but this cough type noise is new should i get him to the vet? Hobson is 14 weeks old.

Little story on Nyala. Keep this link on hand and STILL go the the vet for a checkup!!!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

When I bought Nyala home at 3 months old, she was doing fine. At 5 months she caught a cold had to be put on antibiotics for 7 days she had green snots, guk coming out of her nose n eyes 24/7 I have a diffuser ultrasonic ionizer and I decided to do my own mix that I use for my breathing when I get all stuffed up at night. My diffuser is on all day n night. Has a timer. It took 2 days for all to clear Nyala's cold n guk. I put the diffuser towards her kennel while she was sleeping. I swear it worked better and faster than her pills. BUT I still gave her the antibiotics.

Respiratory/Colds (In the diffuser. Cup size in diffuser is about 1/2cup or if cup is double size, double the oil recipe)
This was for her nights but you can also use daytime. I leave it all day also so when she's roaming around the house she gets to clear her lungs. Again I have a timer on mine.

3 drops of Eucalyptus
3 drops of Peppermint
3 drops of Lavender
2 drops of Lemon
2 drops of tea tree (I now add this to my mix)

Oil and water DO NOT mix why you need a diffuser that is ultrasonic ionizer cause the vibration is so fast it breaks the oils in the water. If you put oils in your bath you need a carrier which means like a teaspoon of honey or coconut oil n mix it in then put it under running water.

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Thank you so much for your advise. Hobson is much better today no chesty coughing noise but I am still going to get him checked out by the vet and I have looked into buying a diffuser as I am sure it will be good for his breathing regardless.

Thanks again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.