Where to buy hemp oil?

erin1715

Jan 18, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Romo and Luca
Hi again all, I just posted another thread about my OEB displaying fly snapping syndrome recently.

I wanted to followup with a similar but separate question. Where does everyone buy the hemp oil from?

Our vet gave us a link to Petabis organic oil which would cost about $80 for two full months, which is pricey but if that's what I have to pay to help my little guy then I'll do it. But I wanted to see if anyone has another option for a better price. Thanks!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I can get it from the pet stores out here, not Petsmart or Petco but the more specialty ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

erin1715

Jan 18, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Romo and Luca
I just bit the bullet and ordered from Petabis online. It looked like a good quality oil and if it helps then it's worth it. Thanks Cbrugs! I have one local pet store I can think of that might have it, but it's probably unlikely.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16771]erin1715[/MENTION] You can buy hemp oil on etsy. There are different prices.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just bit the bullet and ordered from Petabis online. It looked like a good quality oil and if it helps then it's worth it. Thanks Cbrugs! I have one local pet store I can think of that might have it, but it's probably unlikely.

https://www.endoca.com/blog/buy-cannabis-oil-us/

2kinds of oil. Make sure you get the right one as the other is still illegal. Read the link it will clarify the question.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can hemp oil online, especially with Government Dispensaries, and they might have it at a health food store or supplement store.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=16771]erin1715[/MENTION] You can buy hemp oil on etsy. There are different prices.

I think that's plain hemp oil, not CBD oil

TheCBC distillery has good prices https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/500mg-15ml-cbd-tincture-fullspectrum/ , for eg. this 500mg/15ml dropper bottle has 33 mg per mL , try 2-5 drops once a day for a few days, then increase to twice daily depending on response

Source ( reddit ) : https://www.reddit.com/r/CBD/comments/5tvoz1/where_to_buy_cbd_companies_with_high_morals_and/

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hemp seed oil has no CBD in it, so that's just a source of Omega 6 for your dog.
Dr. Becker on oil supplementation (plus my own take): https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2016/06/10/dog-diet-healthy-oils.aspx
1) if dog isn't on chicken,turkey or duck then give it 1/2-1 tsp per day of hemp seed oil or flax seed oil( 1/2 tsp if under 50 pounds ) .
2) Give all dogs 1/4 tsp per 10 pounds twice per day virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil
3) krill oil from capsules ( 1000 mg if 30-49 pounds, 1500 mg if 50-79 pounds ) or salmon oil ( 1000 mg = 300mg DHA/EPA per 30 pounds per day )

victorjohn

Dec 18, 2018
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
No
Hemp oil is good for our pets, we can serve them in their food. CBD products or hemp products help to reduce the anxiety and depression of pets. I always give them natural CBD oil in their food meal at night time.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

The store I quoted on post 8 is less expensive, has 3rd party lab testing for potency and purity,and is made from non-GMO industrial hemp grown with natural farming practices in the USA. I don't see any info as to source, purity, and any description of being organic on the cbdvapegenius site.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The store I quoted on post 8 is less expensive, has 3rd party lab testing for potency and purity,and is made from non-GMO industrial hemp grown with natural farming practices in the USA. I don't see any info as to source, purity, and any description of being organic on the cbdvapegenius site.

I went to have a look, you’re right, doesn’t say much about it either.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I've started buying 3000mg full spectrum from HolistaPet (https://www.holistapet.com/). I use with all 3 of my dogs (20lbs, 145lbs and 70lbs) so one bottle of 3000mg lasts me a month. I have an auto subscription and subscribed to the rewards program so it ends up working out to be about $97/month.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.