clinton54

Jan 30, 2014
Piedmont, ok
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
abby
My baby Abby has recently lost use of her front paws. We are in the diagnosis stage waiting on MRI and spinal tap results. Trying to plan ahead. Does anybody have a recommendation on where to look for a front support cart? I found two places online both seem good but also expensive. With the cost of MRI and others funds are a bit strained. Any info appreciated.
cw

UPDATE: Last Thursday evening after 3 days of unable to use her front legs she decided to walk. She is getting stronger each day. Yesterday she even decided to jump off of deck. The MRI came back negative for any spinal problems. The spinal tap did however show signs of meningitis of unknown origin or type and possible brain stem swelling. Cant determine cause without more expensive tests. So we are continuing doing preventive treatment and try to cover all bases. Hard to believe such a 180 turn around. The Vet Wednesday night had informed us she didnt think Abby would make it through the night.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry this has happened....

Have you checked with local shelters or rescues for a resource?
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
No clue...never had a dog that needed a cart. I've seen them for back end but never for front. FWIW, this sounds like a spinal issue just south of the neck region...injury, tumor, other? Bizarre. I wish I had something, anything to offer.
Best wishes for any measure of recovery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My baby Abby has recently lost use of her front paws. We are in the diagnosis stage waiting on MRI and spinal tap results. Trying to plan ahead. Does anybody have a recommendation on where to look for a front support cart? I found two places online both seem good but also expensive. With the cost of MRI and others funds are a bit strained. Any info appreciated.
cw

Did some searching in bulldog groups on Facebook... this is the most recommended place, the do front and back carts.

https://www.facebook.com/Eddiesdogwheelchairs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.