Help Needed! Chin acne

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Hi everyone ! So Fran constantly has chin acne. I use chlorehexidine wipes and cream on her, wipe her after she drinks, everything you could think of and It doesnā€™t go away! Just now at work she was chewing a toy and i noticed she was bleeding! Idk what to do for It. Itā€™s like her chin is so fragile It just busts open and bleeds all the time. I know a round of antibiotics would temporarily clear It up but It always comes back? Any experience or suggestions for this is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A couple of mine went through this for awhile. I used to rub some (guess what....) NuStock into their chins, every once in awhile. It seemed like a phase that they went through-like teen agers. Now that they are older, it doesn't happen. I would also dry their chin,after drinking,as you do. [MENTION=17299]megskee[/MENTION] I wouldn't use those wipes AND NuStock.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
A couple of mine went through this for awhile. I used to rub some (guess what....) NuStock into their chins, every once in awhile. It seemed like a phase that they went through-like teen agers. Now that they are older, it doesn't happen. I would also dry their chin,after drinking,as you do. [MENTION=17299]megskee[/MENTION] I wouldn't use those wipes AND NuStock.

Never heard of nustock Iā€™ll look It up. I hope itā€™s a just a phase.. the bleeding freaks me out!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m using

c77b052743cbc21ce3ce491fd71e4259.jpg

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi everyone ! So Fran constantly has chin acne. I use chlorehexidine wipes and cream on her, wipe her after she drinks, everything you could think of and It doesnā€™t go away! Just now at work she was chewing a toy and i noticed she was bleeding! Idk what to do for It. Itā€™s like her chin is so fragile It just busts open and bleeds all the time. I know a round of antibiotics would temporarily clear It up but It always comes back? Any experience or suggestions for this is appreciated!

EXACT same thing is happening to Joey's chin, including the bleeding! scared the c___p out of me when I saw blood on the sofa cover.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Well, as you know I have NuStock on hand HAHAHAHA (Joey's nose rope....remember?) I'm jumping in on this and saying THANK YOU AGAIN.....NuStock to the chin right now!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Are you using stainless steel bowls? I think that might help a little as well as wiping them after they eat and drink which it sounds like you do. Sometimes Louie's chin gets a little red and bumpy because not everyone at home is as diligent about wiping his face after he eats or drinks no matter how many times I tell them.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
EXACT same thing is happening to Joey's chin, including the bleeding! scared the c___p out of me when I saw blood on the sofa cover.

How old is joey? Sheā€™s ten months

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
How old is joey? Sheā€™s ten months

Joey actually will be 3 on May 31st, really ODD I've never seen this on her before, so maybe like a teenager thing????
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] Joey does use stainless steel.....hoping just a weird phase thing.....

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Are you using stainless steel bowls? I think that might help a little as well as wiping them after they eat and drink which it sounds like you do. Sometimes Louie's chin gets a little red and bumpy because not everyone at home is as diligent about wiping his face after he eats or drinks no matter how many times I tell them.

Yes stainless steel, all the precautions and she still gets so flared up

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=17299]megskee[/MENTION] On Lynn's advice I got NuStock for a badly inflamed nose rope, like just a week ago, IT'S BRILLIANT! They carry it at Ace Hardware and I'm sure at Tractor Supply.

You know Joey has been licking one of her paws too.....looks fine but I am wondering about yeast maybe? What about Frannie?

I know about the Braggs ACV soak BUT I wonder if I can apply the ACV directly to the paw ???

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
[MENTION=17299]megskee[/MENTION] On Lynn's advice I got NuStock for a badly inflamed nose rope, like just a week ago, IT'S BRILLIANT! They carry it at Ace Hardware and I'm sure at Tractor Supply.

You know Joey has been licking one of her paws too.....looks fine but I am wondering about yeast maybe? What about Frannie?

I know about the Braggs ACV soak BUT I wonder if I can apply the ACV directly to the paw ???

I just posted yesterday about Louie getting yeasty paws. When it happens to Jax I do a paw soak with iodine but he fits right in the kitchen sink. Ain't no way Louie's fat a@@ is getting in there lol. So for him I did a 50/50 mix of ACV (raw, with the mother) and water and have been spraying his paws (after chasing him around and tackling him) with the solution. I also have been adding in 1 teaspoon of ACV into each meal as that is supposed to help as well. And I am doing a food change as well to see if that helps.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Hmmm good question. Her paws are perfect actually never had an issue yet (knock on wood) but i am noticing that her folds under here eyes are looking a little red? I usually just wipe her down and in a day her folds are back to normal and assume itā€™s because her eyes are always wet with her eye probs. Iā€™m going to buy the nustock and lather her in It hahahahaha my poor fat baby

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just posted yesterday about Louie getting yeasty paws. When it happens to Jax I do a paw soak with iodine but he fits right in the kitchen sink. Ain't no way Louie's fat a@@ is getting in there lol. So for him I did a 50/50 mix of ACV (raw, with the mother) and water and have been spraying his paws (after chasing him around and tackling him) with the solution. I also have been adding in 1 teaspoon of ACV into each meal as that is supposed to help as well. And I am doing a food change as well to see if that helps.

Thank goodness for amazon! Nustock will be here Friday [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

WONDERFUL thank you!!! Joey's large a$$ won't fit in the kitchen sink either....she a big girl, beautiful girl :) The spray bottle is a great idea and I do have Braggs, with the mother in it. Awesome!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.