Help Needed For Joey

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi all, Joey has developed a very sore nose rope, Iā€™ve been alway good about cleaning and drying but still now itā€™s sore and tons of gunk coming out when I dab at it.

PLEASE I need to know the BEST course of treatment for her.

I have Vetericyn spray, Malacetic wipes, and neosporin.

Thank you all for any help. Breaks my heart that I somehow failed at preventing this.

Sue

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh no.... poor Joey!!! With what you have... I'd go with the Vectericyn,,,, can you post a picture?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh no.... poor Joey!!! With what you have... I'd go with the Vectericyn,,,, can you post a picture?

Thanks Christine! 37563542-FE49-4C1F-A800-D41E0924029D.jpeg

The irritation extends the entire length of nose rope. Even had some scabbing

- - - Updated - - -

I will go out and get anything you tell me to.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks Christine! View attachment 110665

The irritation extends the entire length of nose rope. Even had some scabbing

- - - Updated - - -

I will go out and get anything you tell me to.

Thanks for the pic.... As you described it, I thought it might be the case.... hotspot. Scabs forming and that goo like moisture...get it as dry as you can. is the Vetercyn for hotspots or just the wound spray?

I doubt you can shave that area, but you have to keep it dry and clean

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thanks for the pic.... As you described it, I thought it might be the case.... hotspot. Scabs forming and that goo like moisture...get it as dry as you can. is the Vetercyn for hotspots or just the wound spray?

I doubt you can shave that area, but you have to keep it dry and clean

Thanks so much! For hotspots too. So no neosporin? Canā€™t shave, pretty deep nose rope.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much! For hotspots too. So no neosporin? Canā€™t shave, pretty deep nose rope.

Some do the neo, but I do not... I do all I can to get and keep it dry

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Just another alternative, Maude had the same thing this summer. I used the NuStock,every 3 days-cleaned the old/area, and reapplied. That did a good job also.Vetericyn is good, too!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank you both very, very much. I will skip neosporin and concentrate on cleaning and drying, using Vetericyn. Please let me know if itā€™s important to get NuStock instead.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I have used Vetericyn on other hotspots-it worked well. Used the NuStock in fold only because I thought it would "stick in there" better. I think it's your choice.Both are good.
I would also keep both on hand(I do) for any problems(hopefully not needed-but good to have). Just keep up with the spot-it will be fine. Give Joey a big smooch from me!! [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I have used Vetericyn on other hotspots-it worked well. Used the NuStock in fold only because I thought it would "stick in there" better. I think it's your choice.Both are good.
I would also keep both on hand(I do) for any problems(hopefully not needed-but good to have). Just keep up with the spot-it will be fine. Give Joey a big smooch from me!! [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]

Thanks Lynn! I just ordered the NuStock, will be in Tuesday. Iā€™ll keep you and Christine updated

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Everyone complains about the smell of NuStock! As I used to tell my children, when they were small,about medicine-"If it tastes/smells bad, it works good!"
NuStock comes in a large tube. You h ave to squeeze it around to try and mix it up. Also, it never goes bad. If it dries up, just ad some mineral oil to it.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Iā€™ve cleaned with Vetericyn and dried really well. I will continue this twice daily until the NuStock arrives Tuesday. Thank you both again! Christine and Lynn, youā€™re wonderful!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Joey! Hope sheā€™s feeling better soon. Never experienced this particular issue but I have used both Nustock and vetericyn for other things with good results. I would also consider maybe trying coconut oil and or fresh aloe on it, but thatā€™s just me! Good luck :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It sounds like everyone has you covered! I hope Joey starts to feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh boy, I know how it feels when something slips by you. Just feels awful. But ya got it now so just keep at it. Will be looking forward to hearing the good results :-)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online