Is This Cherry Eye?

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hello all. I'm noticing this in his eye and I feel like it's getting bigger/more protruding. Is this what cherry eye looks like? What else could it be? What can I do until I go to the vet. We are supposed to go for his last shot in a few weeks.

Thank you! Moose Cherry Eye.jpg

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
compared to google images, I vote no.

what does everybody else say?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello all. I'm noticing this in his eye and I feel like it's getting bigger/more protruding. Is this what cherry eye looks like? What else could it be? What can I do until I go to the vet. We are supposed to go for his last shot in a few weeks.

Thank you!View attachment 110381

No no thatā€™s nowhere near a cherry eye. CHerry Eye is VERY red n buldges at the bottom part of the eye. Itā€™s the 3rd eyelid. Just keep an eye on your dog and get some polysporine at the pharmacy. I always keep on hand the one for pink eye. I leave it in the fridge. Btw does the eye leak, or colored guk etc???

Check out this link thereā€™s a photo of a real cherry eye. You can also type in what youā€™re looking for in the search button right hand corner above.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/56792-cherry-eye-question.html

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
No That is nothing what Ftse's eye looked like when he had cherry eye

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
No no thatā€™s nowhere near a cherry eye. CHerry Eye is VERY red n buldges at the bottom part of the eye. Itā€™s the 3rd eyelid. Just keep an eye on your dog and get some polysporine at the pharmacy. I always keep on hand the one for pink eye. I leave it in the fridge. Btw does the eye leak, or colored guk etc???

Check out this link thereā€™s a photo of a real cherry eye. You can also type in what youā€™re looking for in the search button right hand corner above.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/56792-cherry-eye-question.html

Thank you for the advice. Yesterday it looked like there was some eye leak in his wrinkles, but nothing today. You use polysporine for the eyes?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with others that this is not cherry eye, cherry eye looks like a pink bubble in the corner of the eye. Maybe he has something irritating his eye and causing it to water? Sometimes an eyelash can cause scratching of the eyeball. The vet will be able to check his eye to assess it. This is what cherry eye looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 115

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for the advice. Yesterday it looked like there was some eye leak in his wrinkles, but nothing today. You use polysporine for the eyes?

Yes itā€™s for the eyes for us humans but works for dogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thank you!View attachment 110381

No on cherry eye.... but goodness he is adorable! Also, keep in mind, eyes will/can have excessive tearing (watering) when puppies are teething

Members online

No members online now.