Help Needed! Please can someone help me help my boy 💔

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What levels of cocunut oil do you give and how often? I want to really give him the best possible once he’s finished his antibiotics.
Also I was told by vet to brush teeth each day however lady that provides his food said to give him natural bone instead? What would you guys recommend?

Give him a lot of chewing toys and he won’t need any brushing. It’s not realistic to brush dogs teeth every day, they don’t like it. Nice raw bones, tough toys, thick ropes and dog tires, moose antlers and cows horns from pet shop - and I never have to brush Tanks teeth. I tried to do this, listeto vet, bought dog toothpaste and brush, but after 1 week my poor dog started to hide from me under the table with pitiful eyes, he is too sweet to bite, but he didn’t enjoy the procedure, so I threw away expensive 14 usd toothpaste for dogs and toothbrush and just give him more chewing toys!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Vets nowadays prescribe a lot of unnecessary medications to generate more profit, especially at corporate owned veterinary clinics. Check out this excerpt from mercola pet site https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2018/01/05/conventional-veterinary-program-problems.aspx:

Banfield uses a proprietary software package called PetWare that steps veterinarians through the process of diagnosis and treatment. A manual comes with the software, and Clenfield provides a snapshot:

“In one example, explaining how the software is used to prescribe treatment, the book shows a checklist of therapies for a dog with atopic dermatitis, or itchy skin. Doctors are encouraged to recommend a biopsy, analgesics, topical medica*tions, antibiotics, a therapeutic dietary supplement, an allergy diet, and a flea control package.

They’re required to recommend antihistamines, shampoos, serum allergy testing, lab work, a skin diagnostic package, and anti-inflammatories. It’s a treatment course that might run $900 for symptoms that, in a best-case scenario, indicate something as prosaic as fleas.”

Why am I not surprised! That is awful. Thank God I have an honest vet!

OP
Brunosmummy

Brunosmummy

Jan 7, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
He has been given nexguard also although here in Scotland it is under a different name

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Most Reactions