Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please can someone help me help my boy 💔

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Don't forget he is in Scotland. You can't get all the products there as you can here. I may be the odd one out but I never gave my dogs flea or tick treatment and didn't know anyone that did! If they ever got a flea we treated on an as needed basis. The only time we ever had a problem actually was when my stupid dog decided to guard a hedgehog and got covered in fleas! That was fun! Never once saw a tick.
    Oh dear, Castor has had a close encounter with a hedgehog too! He wanted to say hello and the hedgehog responded by giving him lots of fleas. We called the vet hospital and they said hedgehog fleas are hedgehog-specific so won't hurt dogs but will fall off and die within a few hours. So we just rinsed off the fleas in the shower...

We do have lots of ticks in Scandinavia, though, so wouldn't be surprised if they have spread to Scotland too...most dogs in Sweden have tick prevention during the summer (and many people get shots) but fleas are only treated if needed (although some tick preventives help against fleas too, I think).

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

2. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brunosmummy View Post
    Heís currently fast asleep been taking photos daily and will continue to do so for me to check the progress. Our 10 year old daughter wants to be a vet, we can only encourage her and save us a whole lot of money in future lol
    Any update?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Feed Store Operator Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Totally agree!

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Hello from Ontario, Canada - welcome, as a newbie I know here you will find plenty of knowledgeable, generous EB owners to help you. i hope your Bruno is feeling better, damn vets sometimes they are clueless. Which I would forgive if at least they were frank -like, "Ok I am not sure what this is let me ask somebody else / do some research". Anyway, is there anything that may have "triggered" the infection? It is my understanding that these mites inhabit our bullies' coat normally, what causes them to infest like this? Were you given any light on this? Hope he is doing better by now! Keep us updated!

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Once again thank you for all your advice and help. Bruno has dramatically improved. I feel I’ve attached a pic for you guys to see this is difference from 5 days antibiotics.
    Vet told us likelihood has been he has been passed it from his mother and it lies dormant with a trigger as he is still only 9 months his immune isn’t fully developed and hopefully after this clear up will be great again!
    Our environment isn’t the Scotland countryside you might imagine we stay in a town and although we have our garden and parks these aren’t anything like you see on braveheart unfortunately lol
    Diet wise we changed to raw and it actually works out cheaper for us, for 20 bags of 454g it’s £14.50 this lasts 2 weeks which I thought was brilliant and he seems really happy on it. We did use royal canin as a puppy which is what the breeder had given him but we found he wasn’t enjoying it, we then went to tails wjich is a company in the uk who cater to your dog and they were £50 per month.
    I think I’m going to try focus getting him better before introducing fish oils however reading the benefits is great!

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

-27718355-1b51-4eb7-9ef0-34353185127a-jpeg

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

-9231f53d-82f7-4e52-9f55-c881c3d338c2-jpeg

12. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Once again thank you for all your advice and help. Bruno has dramatically improved. I feel I’ve attached a pic for you guys to see this is difference from 5 days antibiotics.
    Vet told us likelihood has been he has been passed it from his mother and it lies dormant with a trigger as he is still only 9 months his immune isn’t fully developed and hopefully after this clear up will be great again!
    Our environment isn’t the Scotland countryside you might imagine we stay in a town and although we have our garden and parks these aren’t anything like you see on braveheart unfortunately lol
    Diet wise we changed to raw and it actually works out cheaper for us, for 20 bags of 454g it’s £14.50 this lasts 2 weeks which I thought was brilliant and he seems really happy on it. We did use royal canin as a puppy which is what the breeder had given him but we found he wasn’t enjoying it, we then went to tails wjich is a company in the uk who cater to your dog and they were £50 per month.
    I think I’m going to try focus getting him better before introducing fish oils however reading the benefits is great!
    So happy to hear Bruno is getting better ! Which company are you using now for the raw food?

14. Likes Brunosmummy liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

It’s a couple who stay nearby, packet says Just Natural? He
    Had chicken and tripe to start as he has had a bad reaction to duck in kibble as a puppy so avoiding that and now chicken and beef he weighs 22.8kg so going to keep an eye on him and see where we are in the next few weeks

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Itís a couple who stay nearby, packet says Just Natural? He
    Had chicken and tripe to start as he has had a bad reaction to duck in kibble as a puppy so avoiding that and now chicken and beef he weighs 22.8kg so going to keep an eye on him and see where we are in the next few weeks
    Great update!! Raw is the best way to go if you can afford it.. stay that course! He is a beautiful little guy.

Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

It’s a couple who stay nearby, packet says Just Natural? He
    Raw frozen is great ! Keep up with the green tripe as well since he needs the probiotics from the tripe to restore his flora destroyed from the antibiotics. I'd look into giving him some salmon oil and coconut oil in future to help his skin even more.

19. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

What levels of cocunut oil do you give and how often? I want to really give him the best possible once he’s finished his antibiotics.
    Also I was told by vet to brush teeth each day however lady that provides his food said to give him natural bone instead? What would you guys recommend?

21. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads