Thumping

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
Hi all, my little girl who is 2 has been doing this awhile, but it might be getting a little worse. It is like her left rear leg goes to sleep and she starts thumping it on the ground like the rabbit cartoon. She gets up to walk and that leg just kind of stiffens up on her. Not sure if she has some nerve issues going on... you rub her snout and the same leg starts thumping.. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but it went on longer tonight than it has in the past and you could tell it bothered her, which in turn worries me. Normally a couple of steps, maybe followed by a moment of the zoomies and she is fine... It has past now after a good walk, but I thought I would see if someone else has had this happen.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sounds like a trap nerve. I would definitely have it checked. Also get some “thieves “ essentials oil and mix it with Fractionated Coconut Oil (the clear one). So 1 oz of CO n 10 drops of thieves oil. Massage it in. Plz keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all, my little girl who is 2 has been doing this awhile, but it might be getting a little worse. It is like her left rear leg goes to sleep and she starts thumping it on the ground like the rabbit cartoon. She gets up to walk and that leg just kind of stiffens up on her. Not sure if she has some nerve issues going on... you rub her snout and the same leg starts thumping.. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but it went on longer tonight than it has in the past and you could tell it bothered her, which in turn worries me. Normally a couple of steps, maybe followed by a moment of the zoomies and she is fine... It has past now after a good walk, but I thought I would see if someone else has had this happen.

Can you get video if it happens agian? Be good for your vet and us to see

OP
B

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
I will try and get a video, but my timing seems to be off.. It has stopped the last couple of days and I try not to scratch her snout in the spot that make is happen as I don't want to aggravate.
Going outside this evening it happened again for the briefest moment, and me without my cell phone. The symptoms went away and we had a good walk, but brief as it is freezing. Saturday will be the earliest I can make it into the vet and I haven't gotten to the store for “thieves “ oil but will shortly.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I will try and get a video, but my timing seems to be off.. It has stopped the last couple of days and I try not to scratch her snout in the spot that make is happen as I don't want to aggravate.
Going outside this evening it happened again for the briefest moment, and me without my cell phone. The symptoms went away and we had a good walk, but brief as it is freezing. Saturday will be the earliest I can make it into the vet and I haven't gotten to the store for “thieves “ oil but will shortly.

You’ll find it at the health food stores only...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.