Help Needed! BIZARRE GROWTH!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Ok guys - here is something weird!!!
Has anyone seen anything like this? What is it!!!!! Right now we're treating it topically with cortisone cream, I'm reluctant to have any kind of surgery since Wilbur has so much going on already....

IMG_4904.JPGIMG_4905.JPGIMG_4907.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good Lord... this poor little man!

I have never seen something like that, but wondering if it is some type of fungus?
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] --- any insight?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Was thinking the same. Fungus/mushroom. Vet visit for sure

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It sure looks like a funky fungi. Surgery aside, it would be a good idea to have it checked out...and report back to us what the Vet says it is. We want to know what it is!!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Definitely a vet visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Yes - sorry I should have said we talked about this with my vet when we were in for his bloodwork a couple of days ago. I also texted her pics of it so we could monitor it, it began on Dec 10. We talked about biopsy, but we both agreed that he has just been through so much and has so much going on already. She didn’t seem to think it was a fungus, and even spoke to the oncologist about if it could be related to his cancer, but they said no.
its so weird! It looks like .... tissue. Like rudimentary nails or hair? It’s vascularized - I can see the blood circulating, perhaps a type of wart? Is he growing another toe?!
I’m hoping the topical stuff will work (Isaderm, cortical steroid and antibiotic) and shrink it. If I don’t see it improving (and disappearing!) we will be re-evaluating.

ugh! Poor Wilbur!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes - sorry I should have said we talked about this with my vet when we were in for his bloodwork a couple of days ago. I also texted her pics of it so we could monitor it, it began on Dec 10. We talked about biopsy, but we both agreed that he has just been through so much and has so much going on already. She didn’t seem to think it was a fungus, and even spoke to the oncologist about if it could be related to his cancer, but they said no.
its so weird! It looks like .... tissue. Like rudimentary nails or hair? It’s vascularized - I can see the blood circulating, perhaps a type of wart? Is he growing another toe?!
I’m hoping the topical stuff will work (Isaderm, cortical steroid and antibiotic) and shrink it. If I don’t see it improving (and disappearing!) we will be re-evaluating.

ugh! Poor Wilbur!!!

Goodness!!! Keep us posted

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This odd looking growth looks like it could be related to a keratin issue. This is just a guess, as I am far from being a veterinarian!

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
This odd looking growth looks like it could be related to a keratin issue. This is just a guess, as I am far from being a veterinarian!
I agree!! Exactly - I have a feeling it’s in that family of cellular structure - so weird!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

ugh! Poor Wilbur!!!

Ok so since Wilbur will be on hold as nobody knows wgat that growth is, I personally, now again this is what I would do to Nyala or Duke...my opinion....I would put a mixture of 5 drops of each in an 1oz of Fractionated Coconut Oil: clove, oregano, lemongrass n tea tree. You do this 2x a day. Especially wear a glove as nobody has no clue what it is. Make sure you use at least the Clove if you cant get the rest but mix it in CO or Jojoba oil. If only clove add 10drops to one oz. Did you check the rest of the body? I will send the photos to somebody thats knowledgeable in fungus.

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
He doesn’t have anything at all on the rest of his body... if anyone knows of anyone knowledgeable in fungus or keratin or anything, please share!!!

thank you for this recipe, I actually have most of those items on hand :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He doesn’t have anything at all on the rest of his body... if anyone knows of anyone knowledgeable in fungus or keratin or anything, please share!!!

thank you for this recipe, I actually have most of those items on hand :)

I will see what my friend has to say about the issue. I will let you know when I get an answer. I sent her an email.

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
I really hope you get answers as to what this is. I know there's a lot of great help here. It breaks my heart that your baby has gone through so much, so sending positive vibes your way. I hope your babe gets a reprieve soon!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor boy. I know nothing about this but have read (on EBN, I believe?) about something called hyperkeratosis which I think is like a hairy growth on dogs' feet. Could it be that? Sending best wishes to your boy.

Members online

No members online now.