42068431.jpg

be2cb412.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
to me it looks like it very well could be an allergy....laundry soap, new shampoo, new blanket? Also heat rash? Hope you figure it out.

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Could be a heat rash I guess
It has been rather warm Haley monitors there sun intake though so they won't get heat injuries

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It sure does look like heat rash, although the cause could be from numerous things. New shampoo, treats, and certainly could be grass. I hope not tho. Is it only one of your bullies or both?

Megan Rooney

Mar 28, 2011
We had been fighting rashes on our bully for over a year. We tried everything available! We decided to get a water softener... and he cleared up! Appears the hard water was the issue for our guy.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Ouch! That looks uncomfortable. Maybe is the heat. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], could she use gold bond powder on that??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We had been fighting rashes on our bully for over a year. We tried everything available! We decided to get a water softener... and he cleared up! Appears the hard water was the issue for our guy.

Wow glad you figured it out!

Ouch! That looks uncomfortable. Maybe is the heat. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], could she use gold bond powder on that??

Absolutely, and Benedryl too!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe had a belly rash when he first got him home... we switched out his bedding and it cleared up. It could have been a reaction to the wool blanket, or it could have been that the wool made him sweat too much.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Looks awful, poor thing. I am not much help here but you have a lot of good advice already. Hope you guys figure it out soon!

L

Lucy-licious

Ouch it looks sore Id try benadryl and see if that helps any,
Maybe wash through their bedding etc too
Hope it clears up soon xx

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
As soon as I saw the pics my immediate thought was what a lot of others have mentioned ... looks like a heat rash!

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
You mentioned it is on both...but show only one bulldog's tummy. The reason I say this is...Cali had been pumped with who knows what while she was at the emergency vet. Wondering if it maybe a reaction to her body to all they did there? But if it is on both bulldogs that would not be the case then.

Benadryl ALERGY the "lil' pink pill" ... 1 pill for a dog weighting 25lb...2 pills if they are a 50lb dog... You can give this to them every 8 hours.

I would suggest a nice bath in shampoo you've used prior without issues. And think if you've did something different...new air freshener, laundry soap or fabric sheets...new anything. That looks miserable...If it's on both...makes me think it's environmental...or something new. Never seen a heat rash on a dog...though others have mentioned it. Do you have central air in your home? What's the temps inside the house. I can't see a heat rash developing while just outdoors for short periods...

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Well
We had Bella on cephalexin and this shampoo but nothing is helping
Haley has gone through everything and it's driving her crazy
She doesn't like to think Bella is uncomfortable
17eb99a4.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Is it just Bella who has the rash now?? Did Cali's rash go away??

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
[MENTION=1894]1badchicken[/MENTION] - How's the rash? Wondering how Cali and Bella are doing!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.