Help Needed! Anal bleeding and mucus.

Gunny313

Nov 14, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
Good morning. My 9 month old EB Gunny has some Anal bleeding good my on. The blood is a bright red, he had a diarreah accident in his kennel, but i did not notice any blood in his cage. But noticed it when I took him out not much else was coming out but noticed spots of blood in his diarrhea and the bright red on his fur around his butt. I was wondering if this can be from straining to hard? He did throw up the half of bowl of food he had as well. I did not feed him anymore yesterday and just gave him a few ice cubes a couple of times to keep him hydrated. But this morning again he had diarrhea in his kennel. Still seems to be bright red blood and some mucus. I understand the easy answer is to take him to the vet. But any help or guidance would be helpful. Thank you.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Vomiting AND diarrhea are usually indicative of an intestinal infection of some sort. Your Vet should be able to diagnose and treat as necessary.
If it were just mucous and a little blood in the stool of an otherwise healthy, happy acting bully, I'd recommend observing for a day or so and adding a probiotic to the diet.
Is the diarrhea unusual smelling?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=17785]Gunny313[/MENTION] I went through all this with Duke the white face pup when I brought him home around 3 months old. Bright red blood was on n off for months like I would say 2-3 month with soft stools. Hes now almost 11 months old. Its called puppy stress. Vet cant do much about it and there is NO meds for that either. Its caused by change of house, another pets/children in the house, rough playing even though he's the one that was rough etc etc. Just monitor it like mentioned above.it comes n goes so dont panick. So long it stays bright red n NOT dark red. Then you have to bring him to the vet immediately. Also for the loose stools I took him off puppy food and put him on raw n Acana tiil he was back on track. Took a good month.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I think it could be an intestinal infection or it could just be stress. Or it could be something else. I would probably take to the vet to rule out anything serious.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
And yes of course....like mentioned if you're worried do go to the vet. But like [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] mentioned, monitor it and add a good probiotic.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I probably should have been more clear. Monitor it only if it were just a little blood and mucous. Since the OP stated that Gunny had already vomited, had diarrhea with blood and mucous, the safest play is seeing the Vet.

OP
G

Gunny313

Nov 14, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
I did end up just taking Gunny to the Vet. Looks like he just got into something he shouldn’t have. Blood was from inflammation. Steroid shot and some meds and he should be ok. Thank you guys for all the help and information. Glad my little Big Guy is gonna be ok.

OP
G

Gunny313

Nov 14, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
6624F55A-6E2B-4D84-879C-F2212C2FC3BC.jpeg

Attachments

• 6624F55A-6E2B-4D84-879C-F2212C2FC3BC.jpeg
    6624F55A-6E2B-4D84-879C-F2212C2FC3BC.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 327

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi IS a cute one. Hi there, Gunny!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I read this post early this morning but had no experience with the poor pup's issue and I KNEW that more knowledgeable members would be along. BUT SO GLAD that Gunny will be alright. He sure is a cutie pie!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online