Vomiting 2 yr old bulldog

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Our bulldog sleeps in her crate every night... but last night I let her try and sleep with my 9 yr old daughter for the first time. She stayed awake until around 4 am then threw up yellow bile and white foam. I moved her to her crate and she threw up yellowish green bile in her crate. She ate about a 1/4 of her breakfast and threw up 3 more times and she is drooling like crazy. She then slept the rest of the day. She got up around 5 pm and threw up again, ate a little food and threw up again. No other symptoms and stomach does not seem to be in pain... should I be worried or wait and see how she feels in the morning before I call the vet?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just wondering if she ate something she shouldn't have in your daughter's room- other signs that may point to this besides vomiting include drowsiness, constipation or straining to poo, not wanting to eat, signs of pain such as growling or barking when picked up. If she has any of these signs as well I'd take her to a veterinary emergency clinic.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I would take her to the vet as well. Itā€™s cincerning that sheā€™s not able to keep food down.

OP
D

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Thatā€™s the weird thing... she has no other signs besides vomiting. I am taking her to the vet as soon as they open today.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree... take her to the vet to make sure she hasn't eaten anything besides food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thatā€™s the weird thing... she has no other signs besides vomiting. I am taking her to the vet as soon as they open today.

Please keep us posted....

What food do you feed and how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
She gets 2 cups of Royal canin for bulldogs a day 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in evening. She turned two last month and is 40lbs.

She is at the vet now they kept her for the day to give her iv fluids anti-vomit meds and do some X-rays to rule out a blockage.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She gets 2 cups of Royal canin for bulldogs a day 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in evening. She turned two last month and is 40lbs.

She is at the vet now they kept her for the day to give her iv fluids anti-vomit meds and do some X-rays to rule out a blockage.

Ok... keep us posted.

however,Royal Canin is not a very good food and is mostly fillers with very little nutritional value. They have great commercials to make you think it's a fantastic food but it is not.

If you'd like to think about switching his food here is a list of the kibbles many of us here have good results with, no particular order.

many years ago I also fed this food and my first bulldog Nitschke would consistently throw up we spent months trying to figure out what his issue was and I finally had allergy testing done and it turned out he was allergic to rice. Or female turned out she was allergic to chicken. at that time I started researching and realized how bad the food was for them based on the ingredients not only their allergies.

Of course Raw is your best go to if you have time and are willing but here are some of the best kibblesare members have success with

Avoid grains and chicken...

Zingnature
Fromm
The Honest Kitchen
Earthborn Holistic
Acana
Orijen

OP
D

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
So Rosie has no blockage or foreign bodies in her intestines. The doctor said itā€™s just a little gastrointestinal distress heā€™s sending her home with some antibiotics and anti naseau medication. I will have to look into switching her food to see if thatā€™s what is causing this. Thank you everyone for all of your input!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I would definitely switch her food.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So Rosie has no blockage or foreign bodies in her intestines. The doctor said itā€™s just a little gastrointestinal distress heā€™s sending her home with some antibiotics and anti naseau medication. I will have to look into switching her food to see if thatā€™s what is causing this. Thank you everyone for all of your input!

Good news!! Please keep us posted

OP
D

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Rosie vomited today on the anti vomit meds that they gave her so she is back at the vet they are going to keep her overnight and perform a barium test and X-rays every couple of hours to figure out why she is still vomiting. They said she should not be vomiting on cerenia at all. Hopefully they can get this figured out for our little girl!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17872]Dwallace84[/MENTION] Sending best wishes for finding the answer to Rosie's vomiting and hoping she will be all better soon. :pray: Please let us know.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie vomited today on the anti vomit meds that they gave her so she is back at the vet they are going to keep her overnight and perform a barium test and X-rays every couple of hours to figure out why she is still vomiting. They said she should not be vomiting on cerenia at all. Hopefully they can get this figured out for our little girl!

sending lots of positive thoughts to your baby.... please keep us posted

OP
D

Dwallace84

Dec 17, 2017
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Ok so the vet kept Rosie Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. He ran multiple tests ... pancreas, blockage etc... He said he is perplexed as too what is causing her vomiting. He said heā€™s going to make an educated guess and say that itā€™s some form of GERD. And that is what they are treating her for, he didnā€™t feel that changing her diet was necessary. However I went out and bought earthborn holistic dry food and will be switching her over slowly over the course of the next few days anyways. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me.hopefully Rosie will begin to feel better over the next few days

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.