Help with training

Divinepups

Dec 15, 2017
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Divine and Bubba
[hi I recently took on a 2 year old male English bulldog along with my 1year old female and they both do not respect me and I need help with getting them to listen. My male follows me around everywhere I can't even shower alone. They both have learned to open our doors busy out of the cage. I am going nuts ....Any advice?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
That is the breed , they want to be with you ALL the time , you are there world .
Bulldogs are very stubborn sometimes do not take NO at all
May I suggest a good dog trainer that you all go to and learn the basics and read more here there are many many articles and posts here on training and the breed you have .

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hi there and welcome. Yes, bulldogs are stubborn and they will always want to be with their human. That is just part of the breed. Definitely look into obedience training but also look up "Nothing in Life is Free" which is a great place to start.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[hi I recently took on a 2 year old male English bulldog along with my 1year old female and they both do not respect me and I need help with getting them to listen. My male follows me around everywhere I can't even shower alone. They both have learned to open our doors busy out of the cage. I am going nuts ....Any advice?

Welcome..... you need to use basic training with them BUT what you are describing is typical bulldog behavior as it is who they are... they want to be t=with their humans ALL the time. they are more in to humans than other dogs and ae often referred to as 'Velcro dogs' and shadows.

Nothing in life is free, as mentioned, is a great an easy traning technique

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.