B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Great news ! I would also keep Nu-Stock ointment around in case she gets more hot spots and Vetericyn eye drops in case she gets another eye infection ( since neither needs a prescription ). I don't know too much about tripe, hopefully Helene can respond to your tripe questions [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you.

I NEVER thaw tripe especially tripe. I semi thaw it to cut but right back in the freezer for sure. Frozen raw food is more safe in my book. Maybe because I work in the food industry. I see n hear so much about diseases. Frozen will kill all. Also they need to chew and break it down for their teeth. And yes 1/2patty is great. Also in Acana they add tripe! And every other day I give sauerkraut about a good tablespoon. Again the one that's fermented in the fridge. That's all my pups need as probiotics as they also eat raw in the morning. Raw has everything a dog needs if healthy.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I just sprayed Bella with the colloidal silver, she doesn't like the sound but I was able to get her sprayed. I paid C$20 (US$15) for a 250ml bottle at Totally Raw, the regular price is C$24.95 but they had it on sale.

Next time try making your own colloidal silver, it's a fun project. Just need 2 wires with alligator clips on both ends, 2 x 0.999 pure silver wires or silver coins or silver bars, some distilled water and a vase and 2 or 3 x 9 volt batteries. ( I wouldn't bother with a current regulating diode since you're not drinking it ). Step By Step: How To Make Your Own Colloidal Silver | Ready Nutrition
colloidal.silver (2).jpg

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I NEVER thaw tripe especially tripe. I semi thaw it to cut but right back in the freezer for sure. Frozen raw food is more safe in my book. Maybe because I work in the food industry. I see n hear so much about diseases. Frozen will kill all. Also they need to chew and break it down for their teeth. And yes 1/2patty is great. Also in Acana they add tripe! And every other day I give sauerkraut about a good tablespoon. Again the one that's fermented in the fridge. That's all my pups need as probiotics as they also eat raw in the morning. Raw has everything a dog needs if healthy.

Thank you

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
glad to hear you got antibiotics. it may be that your pup needs more than one round. Lola has a recurring staph but it was gone gone after an additional round this past year. we use the herbsmith microflora plus from amazon for probiotics, a must for when on antibiotics. good job getting all the advice and the vet on board!

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
glad to hear you got antibiotics. it may be that your pup needs more than one round. Lola has a recurring staph but it was gone gone after an additional round this past year. we use the herbsmith microflora plus from amazon for probiotics, a must for when on antibiotics. good job getting all the advice and the vet on board!

OK thank you

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Update - Bella finished the antibiotics on January 4th and I am happy to say her hair is nearly all grown back although in a different colour and the lumps and scraps cleared up fairly soon after she started the antibiotics. The vet said to keep an eye on her for a couple of weeks after the antibiotics are finished to see if I notice the skin infection returning but it has been almost 6 weeks and everything looks good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update - Bella finished the antibiotics on January 4th and I am happy to say her hair is nearly all grown back although in a different colour and the lumps and scraps cleared up fairly soon after she started the antibiotics. The vet said to keep an eye on her for a couple of weeks after the antibiotics are finished to see if I notice the skin infection returning but it has been almost 6 weeks and everything looks good.

Great news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17858]Bella Bluenoser[/MENTION] That is great news, and thank you for the update!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Another happy ending...pics of a beautiful healthy patient are all that needed now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.