B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
UPDATE - I took Bella to the vet and he agreed that she has a bad skin infection, he proscribed apo-cephalexin antibiotics and told me to bath her using benzagel peroxide every second day. He also took a blood sample which I will get the results of likely sometime today. While she was at the vet he noticed that she has dry eye so he did a cytology and proscribed optixcare eye lube, optimmune eye ointment and ciloxan drops. I expect to start seeing improvement in the near future.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Try other pet store or ask them to bring it in as its in their stores. I'm in Alberta and comes from east side of Canada

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

After calling all of the pet stores I finally found frozen green tripe at a place called Totally Raw Pet Foods, it comes in a frozen 5lb bag that has 10 - 1/2lb patties in it for C$18, does that sound right to you ?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After calling all of the pet stores I finally found frozen green tripe at a place called Totally Raw Pet Foods, it comes in a frozen 5lb bag that has 10 - 1/2lb patties in it for C$18, does that sound right to you ?

Yes about right. I have 8 patties for 14 $ I don't give the whole patty as it say on the bag. I use it as a lunch snack. I spread all patties on a cutting plastic board as it stinks and dont want it sink into a wooden board.....I thaw it slightly so you can push in with a knife and make 4 strips. Put them back into a round patty with its wax paper n stack them into a large ziploc bag. Trust me wear film gloves the cheap one as your hands will smell. I have healthy furballs, full of energy. So yes i will cut smelly tripe if i have to lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE - I took Bella to the vet and he agreed that she has a bad skin infection, he proscribed apo-cephalexin antibiotics and told me to bath her using benzagel peroxide every second day. He also took a blood sample which I will get the results of likely sometime today. While she was at the vet he noticed that she has dry eye so he did a cytology and proscribed optixcare eye lube, optimmune eye ointment and ciloxan drops. I expect to start seeing improvement in the near future.

Be sure to keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Great thank you. Totally Raw also highly recommended Colloidal Silver, it kills all harmful bacteria, has anyone used this product ?

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes about right. I have 8 patties for 14 $ I don't give the whole patty as it say on the bag. I use it as a lunch snack. I spread all patties on a cutting plastic board as it stinks and dont want it sink into a wooden board.....I thaw it slightly so you can push in with a knife and make 4 strips. Put them back into a round patty with its wax paper n stack them into a large ziploc bag. Trust me wear film gloves the cheap one as your hands will smell. I have healthy furballs, full of energy. So yes i will cut smelly tripe if i have to lol.

Bella is 80lbs, am I right to cut one patty into 4 pieces and give her 1 piece per day at least to start off with ?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Great thank you. Totally Raw also highly recommended Colloidal Silver, it kills all harmful bacteria, has anyone used this product ?

i use shampoo for Tank with Ketokonazol, Chlorhexidine and colloidal silver, and despite I pay crazy money for it - 33 usd per bottle of 250 ml, I think that colloidal silver is of great help, as just Duoxo didn’t help us, so I think silver is very good, I would give it a try. Some people even buy devices to produce colloidal silver themselves, as it is much cheaper.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] is a big user of colloidal silver and can probably give you some info.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bella is 80lbs, am I right to cut one patty into 4 pieces and give her 1 piece per day at least to start off with ?

If it's feasible give just cut it in half n give a half. On the other hand if you are giving fruits like I give both 1/2 a banana each, right now they are eating a good marrow bone...so one piece out of 4 is fine too as you're giving other great healthy foods. I give them frozen berries too. Also they get only grain free only.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
i use shampoo for Tank with Ketokonazol, Chlorhexidine and colloidal silver, and despite I pay crazy money for it - 33 usd per bottle of 250 ml, I think that colloidal silver is of great help, as just Duoxo didn’t help us, so I think silver is very good, I would give it a try. Some people even buy devices to produce colloidal silver themselves, as it is much cheaper.

I just sprayed Bella with the colloidal silver, she doesn't like the sound but I was able to get her sprayed. I paid C$20 (US$15) for a 250ml bottle at Totally Raw, the regular price is C$24.95 but they had it on sale.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
If it's feasible give just cut it in half n give a half. On the other hand if you are giving fruits like I give both 1/2 a banana each, right now they are eating a good marrow bone...so one piece out of 4 is fine too as you're giving other great healthy foods. I give them frozen berries too. Also they get only grain free only.

Thank you

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Did he confirm the dry eyes with a schirmer tear test ( special paper held to the corner of eye ) ? Sometimes dry eye can resolve when the infection is gone if the debris was blocking tear production.
the optimmune is useful only if Bella has an autoimmune problem called keratoconjuctivitis sicca causing the dry eye. Since Bella is on cephalexin it's important to continue probiotic while she is on it and for a week after minimally. After you finish with the benzagel peroxide you can bathe her weekly with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo like Ketohex or Curaseb.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Did he confirm the dry eyes with a schirmer tear test ( special paper held to the corner of eye ) ? Sometimes dry eye can resolve when the infection is gone if the debris was blocking tear production.
the optimmune is useful only if Bella has an autoimmune problem called keratoconjuctivitis sicca causing the dry eye. Since Bella is on cephalexin it's important to continue probiotic while she is on it and for a week after minimally. After you finish with the benzagel peroxide you can bathe her weekly with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo like Ketohex or Curaseb.

Yes he did 2 different schirmer tests in both eyes, I am not sure why he did two different ones. With one of them he turned off the room lights and used a light that looked like a blue light to look into her eyes.

For a probiotic I started her on tripe this morning, I gave her 1/4 of a 1/2lb patty, do you think that is enough tripe per day for her ?

Is tripe alone enough probiotic for her ?

I thawed out the frozen tripe patty in the fridge overnight and put it back in the fridge after I split it into quarters, is that ok ?

I used the benzagel peroxide yesterday once but last night I started using colloidal silver spray which I believe will do the same job killing off the bacteria and it is much easier on both of us to use although she doesn't like the spray noise.

I was also going to give her cultured coconut for a probiotic but I didn't want to start her off with to many new things.

Already the improvement in her mood and her eyes is incredible, things are moving in the right direction.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yes he did 2 different schirmer tests in both eyes, I am not sure why he did two different ones. With one of them he turned off the room lights and used a light that looked like a blue light to look into her eyes.

For a probiotic I started her on tripe this morning, I gave her 1/4 of a 1/2lb patty, do you think that is enough tripe per day for her ?

Is tripe alone enough probiotic for her ?

I thawed out the frozen tripe patty in the fridge overnight and put it back in the fridge after I split it into quarters, is that ok ?

I used the benzagel peroxide yesterday once but last night I started using colloidal silver spray which I believe will do the same job killing off the bacteria and it is much easier on both of us to use although she doesn't like the spray noise.

I was also going to give her cultured coconut for a probiotic but I didn't want to start her off with to many new things.

Already the improvement in her mood and her eyes is incredible, things are moving in the right direction.

Great news ! I would also keep Nu-Stock ointment around in case she gets more hot spots and Vetericyn eye drops in case she gets another eye infection ( since neither needs a prescription ). I don't know too much about tripe, hopefully Helene can respond to your tripe questions [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.