Allergies/itching worse at night

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
My bulldog seems to have her allergies and itching flare up in the evening.... has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My bulldog seems to have her allergies and itching flare up in the evening.... has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas?

Evening only? Does he eat the same food in the evening? Does he sleeps in the same place at nights?

OP
J

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
She has allergies in the day but they really flare up at night....pretty much everything is consistent day and night

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Did you ever check him for sarcoptic mange? It’s a condition caused by burrowing mite, who digs burrows in skin and itch is much stronger in the evenings. Easy treatable.
But it is quite well known phenomenon, that any type of itch becomes more pronounced in the night time, bcs all daily activities are over and without entertainment brain concentrates on signals of itch from skin.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Did you ever check him for sarcoptic mange? It’s a condition caused by burrowing mite, who digs burrows in skin and itch is much stronger in the evenings. Easy treatable.
But it is quite well known phenomenon, that any type of itch becomes more pronounced in the night time, bcs all daily activities are over and without entertainment brain concentrates on signals of itch from skin.

If he had sarcoptic mange he'd have a lot of hair loss and crusting. If he has that confirmed it's easily treated with Nexgard monthly.

My dog has itching from her allergies, but I'd say it's slightly less in the evening- when she first gets up in the morning she licks her paws and scratches herself for about 10 minutes. Her allergies are much better though since I switched her to dehydrated raw ( Only Natural EasyRaw ).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She has allergies in the day but they really flare up at night....pretty much everything is consistent day and night

It is most likely something in air... my boyfriend has allergies and right around sunset every night in summer/fall his eyes just start running/tearing.... he take a Zrytec and it stops .

Where do you live.. area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.