Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Usually vet food isn't too healthy. I'd switch him over gradually as the bag finishes to a good quality food, preferably grain free limited ingredient and not chicken. If you want regular kibble, try Fromm eg. pork and peas, or Acana Duck and pear, or Zignature venison for example. If you want to switch to raw, try a dehydrated raw eg.Honest Kitchen Spruce or Marvel, or frozen raw patties you buy from pet food store.

Also try giving him some probiotic every day, preferably a doggy one such as Herbsmith Microflora Plus or Proviable DC. If you don't want to buy a special one, you can try buying sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or kefir, or green tripe. A plain fat free probiotic yoghurt would be last choice.

You can also help loose stools with 1 tablespoon a day of canned pumpkin ( not pie filling one ) or slippery elm powder (1/4 tsp for every 10 pounds of weight twice daily ).

Trust me, we have been down that road with the food. He’s been allergy tested and I found one food that he can actually eat. So we are good there! And we did try the pumpkin for a few days and it didn’t seem to help much.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.