Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! FROMM FOOD

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sampson
    Likes (Received)

Default HELP! FROMM FOOD

I have finally decided to make the move and switch Sampsonís food from Hills to FROMM. Iíve noticed more recently than ever that Sampson has been getting an upset stomach atleast once a week. His stomach will start making these REALLY LOUD gurgling noises and wonít have an appetite. My vet recommends Purina Pro Plan which I donít want to feed him at all! After doing a lot of research it seems as if FROMM is a no brainer. Now the question is, which version/flavor should I be getting? Iím hoping to avoid chicken just to see by process of elimination if that too could be causing the upset stomach.

All the help is needed!

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico and Tia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP! FROMM FOOD

We love Fromm's Pork and Peas. They still get gurgling noises once in a while but I attribute that to them eating grass or something outside, we give a cup of plain yogurt and the gurgling goes away within the hour. Good luck!

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonsMumma View Post
    I have finally decided to make the move and switch Sampson’s food from Hills to FROMM. I’ve noticed more recently than ever that Sampson has been getting an upset stomach atleast once a week. His stomach will start making these REALLY LOUD gurgling noises and won’t have an appetite. My vet recommends Purina Pro Plan which I don’t want to feed him at all! After doing a lot of research it seems as if FROMM is a no brainer. Now the question is, which version/flavor should I be getting? I’m hoping to avoid chicken just to see by process of elimination if that too could be causing the upset stomach.

All the help is needed!
    I got a rescue about 2-3 months ago. He was on Beneful when I got him, I know, no good. After reading on here about food I also decided to switch to Fromm, I got Pork and Peas. Gave him one bowl and he turned RED, it was horrible. I was defeated, thought I found one of the best foods and he was allergic, UGH. I went to Tomlinsons Pet Store (Austin TX) and they were great. Very knowledgeable. They recommended Zignature, was told it has a lot less ingredients than Fromm and for dogs with allergies it is a much better choice when trying to eliminate allergens. I started him out with Duck and hes doing great. I know the more people you talk to the more confusing it gets. Just remember every dog is different. Unfortunately it is trial and error.

Good luck!

5. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Which are you feeding now?

I've had the best results with Pork and Peas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Iíve tried a variety of flavors with Louie and he has done good on all of them. And while Fromm is an excellent brand, what works for one dog may not work for another and same for proteins so you might just need to play around for a bit.

8. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sampson
    Likes (Received)

Right now I am feeding him Hills Chicken and Rice. I know it’s not the best food for bulldogs but he’s been on it his whole life and no issues up until now.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Right now I am feeding him Hills Chicken and Rice. I know itís not the best food for bulldogs but heís been on it his whole life and no issues up until now.
    Try the pork and Peas... get a small bag and transition over a full week. My second choice would be lamb and lentils

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Right now I am feeding him Hills Chicken and Rice. I know it’s not the best food for bulldogs but he’s been on it his whole life and no issues up until now.
    GREAT decision on changing food!!!! Since you're in the transition start with ONE protein per bag. Get a little note book n journal each flavour if he gets any reaction. If so at least you'll know what NOT to give him. Working great for my 2 pups.

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sampson
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for your input! If you think any other dry food would work better than FROMM please let me know! such a tough decision trying to pick a dog food

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for your input! If you think any other dry food would work better than FROMM please let me know! such a tough decision trying to pick a dog food
    Fromm is an excellent choice and you should definitely give it a try. But if it doesn't work, other good brands are Acana, Orijen, Zignature. Dogfoodadvisor.com is a good resource to get ratings on all of the different brands out there.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Fromm is an excellent choice and you should definitely give it a try. But if it doesn't work, other good brands are Acana, Orijen, Zignature. Dogfoodadvisor.com is a good resource to get ratings on all of the different brands out there.
    My dog didn't seem to do well on any food with lots of ingredients, would lick her paws all the time. I'm not sure if it's the rosemary extract in those foods. I finally ended up giving her a dehydrated raw dog food called Only Natural EasyRaw, which is similar to Honest Kitchen, Nusentia Raw and Grain Free, I and Love and You in the Raw (dehydrated), and Spot Farms Grain Free.

18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sampson
    Likes (Received)

Quick Update; I reached out to Sampson’s vet about his stomach issues and she suggests that he be switched to a novel-protein diet. She suggests switching him to either an all salon diet, all venicine diet, or all rabbit diet. I am only a week in on the FROMM pork and peas bag so I really don’t want to stop that because I would love to see if this works! They suggested either Hills Prescription DD or Royal Canin. Has anyone else tried a novel protein diet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads