General Question 9yr old english bulldog limping

Jfer1992

Nov 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Serena
We made an appt for the vet next Tuesday but Serena her right left leg she seems to be twisting it out when walking. She is still able to jump on the couch and in my chair and get down. I touch her leg and rub it but I don' t get any reaction from her because her enjoying me rubbling her muscles. When you watch her walk it is obvious that something isn't right. It is stressful going to the vet when she is this age because you dont want them to find more going on. Our last bulldog made it to 13yrs old. We give Serena glucosamine chews twice a day and have been for a while and it is not helping. Anyone else had this issue with their bully?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is extremely common for the breed, in fact my Walter was barely walking on his leg last night. BUT we went for a walk and unfortunately his sister Willow was dragging me and him up the stairs outside yesterday. Ugh...

I would give her a couple days on restricted activity to see if it's just a soft tissue injury, I had tramadol here for Walter from previous issues. IF she acts like she's in pain, I would definitely call the vet. Poor girl, I hope she feels better soon...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Jfer1992 I would try to keep her from jumping, and give that leg a rest, as Tracey said. Hope it is just a strain. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] what would be a good healing oil to rub on this leg?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Cannot offer any advice on this, but Castor hopes Serena soon feels better!

OP
J

Jfer1992

Nov 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Serena
Thank you guys I will keep you posted. Thank you all. I think I had been on this site before because we used to have 3 bulldogs. Serena is our last one. I couldn't remember what my old sign on was. lol it was been years but it has always been a good go to site for advice. Have a good weekend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there! Yes, rest for a few days and maybe add Movoflex as a daily joint supplement. You can get it on Amazon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We made an appt for the vet next Tuesday but Serena her right left leg she seems to be twisting it out when walking. She is still able to jump on the couch and in my chair and get down. I touch her leg and rub it but I don' t get any reaction from her because her enjoying me rubbling her muscles. When you watch her walk it is obvious that something isn't right. It is stressful going to the vet when she is this age because you dont want them to find more going on. Our last bulldog made it to 13yrs old. We give Serena glucosamine chews twice a day and have been for a while and it is not helping. Anyone else had this issue with their bully?

Like mentioned, NO more jumping on n off anything. Glucosamine I always use it in liquid form as the body will absorb it completely. Chews are useless imo. Also I would start with 2 ounces of Fractionated Coconut Oil 15 drops of copaiba (anti inflammatory n pain reliever) 10 drops of Helichrysum (for circulation n cleans liver), 15 drops of frankincense (immune system, shrinkage of tumors, promottes cellular health) n 15 drops of Basil (reduce stressed muscles n joint issues especially around the knees n leg). Massage 3x per day. Morning, afternoon n especially before bedtime. Serena is getting up there in age and she will need a good massage oil. Also add to her meals tumeric, a tiny pinch of black pepper so it activates the full potent of the tumeric n ginger. Start with 1/4 teaspoon for the tumeric n ginger for a good week or two. Gradually go up to 1/2 teaspoons and stick with that per day. No need to add more of pepper.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hey there! Yes, rest for a few days and maybe add Movoflex as a daily joint supplement. You can get it on Amazon...

do you think Movoflex is better or similar to nuvet's nujoint vitamin? Fox is on the nujoint, but she is limping more than usual these days. so sad to see pups get older.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
do you think Movoflex is better or similar to nuvet's nujoint vitamin? Fox is on the nujoint, but she is limping more than usual these days. so sad to see pups get older.

My experience... Movoflex. I see a difference if we miss a few days of giving it to Cheli

OP
J

Jfer1992

Nov 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Serena
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but we did take Serena to the vet and they did an X-ray. she does have arthritis but at this time they don't want to do surgery. She is going to be regulated with meds and she is doing better. Thank you all for the support and the advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.