Vestibular Disease because of ear infections

Sandy Ribbens

Jun 4, 2010
Galena, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry & Albert
My rescued bulldog has two bad ear infections which the vet said has contributed to Vestibular Disease. He hangs to the right all the time and most of the time has trouble walking. It has been three weeks now and he is on predisone, medicine for his yeast in the ears and anti motion sickness medicine. Has anyone had experience with this disease. I was wondering how long it took to regain balance?:(

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
From a friend on facebook:

Christina Duhon
Yes i have... And basicly the yeast formed a tumor in his left ear that spreak like tallow trees which eventually created a major issue. Bubba could barely walk, drink, eat and was in dyier pain. This was an issue from his previous owners from not cleaning his ears properly. The way my vet handle this issue, first thing was an extra just to see what was exactly going on. The 2nd step was removing both ear canals. This surgey was extremely expensive and Bubba was in Hostpital for close to 2 weeks. After the surgery it was like i bought a new warrenty with a new dog. He is happier then ever and is no longer in pain, at least to me he isn't. The vet did inform me that he would be deaf after the surgery but he isn't deaf.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.