I need anyone's help that has bred any breed of dog!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
So I have Bella here who gave birth about 8 weeks ago. How soon can she go into heat again? I think she might be bleeding.

Also, forgot to ask the vet, but when can a dog be spayed after a birth?

Thanks... I have never bred a dog before and never will, so this is all new to me.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think they can spay at any time, after the heat is over, and the internal swelling from the heat is gone.
HRH was spayed at the same time as her cesarian in May, then we had her hernia's repaired in October.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
they usually dont come back into heat until around 6 months from last heat cycle or 6 months from the actual delivery date. Are you sure she isnt just still spotting? If the pups are still nursing I would wait until they are weaned and she has kinda bounced back from everything. If she is still bleeding in a few days I would call your vet to make sure she hasnt developed an infection.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Since you rescued Bella do you have any idea when her pups were weaned? If it was recently her utuerus could still be shrinking, (causing some spotting) similar to when humans have babies it seems like we are bleeding forever afterwards. If you feel something is not right tho, you could get an exam done to be sure. I would think that if she was bleeding at all it would not be bright red in color by now regardless of when they were weaned but I cannot be sure.

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Well, she still had a pup in her kennel. so I"m thinking she was still nursing that 1 pup off and on. She wasn't bleeding when I got her. I think maybe just spotting. I noticed some blood drops on my kitchen floor last night, and I gave her another bath last night and when she shook, blood droplets hit the wall (ewww... I bleached it off). Now I noticed it dripping from her "girl parts" sometimes, not always. I'm going to call the vets first thing in the morning and ask about that, as well as schedule her for her soay. I think that needs done this week, if this isn't a heat.

@goobersmom thanks for the advice. I really, truely appreciate it. I'm so bad with this "girl stuff". I leave it to the professionals. :yes: Unfortunately, there are alot of breeding being done from un-professionals, and Bella happened to come from one. Thanks again for the help.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I too would say that she wouldn't come back into heat so soon ... hopefully it is just spotting and she hasn't developed an infection!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
SHe's going back to the vets today. Keep her in your prayers that everything is alright.:pray:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Our pups mom had a uterine infection after birthing his litter and did this. She was spayed after pups were gone..and treated for infection as soon as they were weaned. Hope all is well.

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Thanks guys. I took her to the vet yesterday and the vet did a girlie exam on her. She doesn't think there is an infection by the way everything felt. They took blood from her to check her WBC's to see if there is actually an infection going on. I'll get the results today. Thanks for everyone's help!!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Got the results... her WBC's are slightly elevated, she does NOT have a fever... so her spay will be on Monday. If she seems to be getting worse, I can call and they will spay her then. My poor girlie!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaaww I hope it all goes well!! She is so pretty ... are you keeping her or fostering her??

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I'd love to keep her, but 4 dogs is alot... and my wonderful husband said no more than 4 dogs in the house at a time. Then I won't be able to foster anymore. I LOVE fostering. I think it was my calling.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.