SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Hi,

His whole life, when they come, its a phase lasting a few days. Happens as he's falling asleep. As per my breeder, I'd give him a yogurt & honey sundae for a couple of weeks and the tremors would go away for 6+ months.

Now, seems like they're here to stay. I've noticed they come on days when he runs. The only thing different this time around is his food. He's eating Turkey exclusively. Used to rotate Turkey, Chicken & Beef but I stopped to address some hair loss (its growing back). Overall, he gets periodic blood tests (titer, checkups, etc) and there's never been any kind of deficiency.

Now that he's been off the other proteins for a bit, maybe its time for another blood test. I'm pretty sure my vet will say the sundae fix is just a coincidence. From what I've read online, its nothing to worry about.

Anybody out there have anything to add?

Thx...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry you have to go through this....how old is he? Start him on fish oil immediately if he's not already on it. Omega helps reduce inflammation n supports neurological health. If it was MY dogs, I personally would use frankincense. 2 drops behind the ears n 2 drops to roof of the mouth. This is a SWIPE movement. You have to be careful with oils. All oils on dogs (never use oils on miniature/toy dogs!) Must be diluted with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil. BUT certain oils "can" be use directly "if" you know what you are doing n have knowledge in oils. Frankincense is one oils that can be use directly. Put it 2 drops on a cotton ball n swipe only! Im NOT a vet!!!! My recommendations are NOT to replace any vet's care or especially serious issues. Im more on the holistic approach. Im recommending a natural way cause you mentioned HONEY n YOGURT. Yogurt has calcium, honey is a natural antibacterial n yes sweet. You can use cottage cheese n honey would probably do the same job. According to research, head tremors are showing more towards low blood sugar (honey) n low calcium (yogurt).

Here's a link you'll find interesting.

https://iheartdogs.com/topic/head-tremors/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi,

His whole life, when they come, its a phase lasting a few days. Happens as he's falling asleep. As per my breeder, I'd give him a yogurt & honey sundae for a couple of weeks and the tremors would go away for 6+ months.

Now, seems like they're here to stay. I've noticed they come on days when he runs. The only thing different this time around is his food. He's eating Turkey exclusively. Used to rotate Turkey, Chicken & Beef but I stopped to address some hair loss (its growing back). Overall, he gets periodic blood tests (titer, checkups, etc) and there's never been any kind of deficiency.

Now that he's been off the other proteins for a bit, maybe its time for another blood test. I'm pretty sure my vet will say the sundae fix is just a coincidence. From what I've read online, its nothing to worry about.

Anybody out there have anything to add?

Thx...

If he is alert, responds to you, no foaming.... then they are idiopathic tremors and they are harmless, no pain and worse on us than they are on them. There are no known cause or reason for them... you can try to find a 'trigger' or common time they happen but most vets should tell you... there is no understanding of why they happen. Nitschke seemed to get them when his allergies were really taking a hit, Banks I would see them when she was stressed and Lambeau s are so sporadic I have yet to notice a 'theme'. Some last fir minutes while others are gone before I can get the treat bag open

They are common in Bulldogs, Dobermans, and Rottweilers and other breeds do get them just not as much.

A treat or piece of kibble always works for my bullies..... distracts the muscles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.