Skin rash, scratching

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
These showed up today on both sides of his face, any ideas of what might be causing it?
Gordon is going back to the vet monday for his second round of shots, should I wait or should I take him earlier?
IMG_20171107_234836601.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I always had a rule. No shots till a present issue is solved and ONE shot at a time never mixed. But thats me.

Is it moist as it looks like it..did it burst....is it soft/hard?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'd wait. Stainless steel food bowls? Grain free food?

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
I always had a rule. No shots till a present issue is solved and ONE shot at a time never mixed. But thats me.

Is it moist as it looks like it..did it burst....is it soft/hard?
It's not moist and it doesn't have a scab yet, I used a little bit of almond oil cream to see if he would stop scratching.

I'd wait. Stainless steel food bowls? Grain free food?
Just got his stainless steel bowls yesterday, was using aluminum before they arrived, grain free food is hard to find here in my city, but I will order some just to be sure it's not food allergy.

Thanks for the help guys!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's not moist and it doesn't have a scab yet, I used a little bit of almond oil cream to see if he would stop scratching.
Just got his stainless steel bowls yesterday, was using aluminum before they arrived, grain free food is hard to find here in my city, but I will order some just to be sure it's not food allergy.
Thanks for the help guys!

Good job on stainless.... since you're in Brazil, why dont you go raw?

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Good job on stainless.... since you're in Brazil, why dont you go raw?

I'm using the same food the breeder was using since he was well adapted to it, he is growing well within the expected and hasn't shown any signs of allergy up til now, however, if the food becomes an issue I will try grain free, raw and whatever else I can. For now, the almond oil cream seems to work fine, he isn't scratching and the redness is almost gone.
Thanks again for the advices. I'm also looking for the oils mentioned in the sticked thread, no luck so far.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is that spot in this picture because of the oil you put on or was it like that before oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Is that spot in this picture because of the oil you put on or was it like that before oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was after I put some oil, just thought of taking a picture after =(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm using the same food the breeder was using since he was well adapted to it, he is growing well within the expected and hasn't shown any signs of allergy up til now, however, if the food becomes an issue I will try grain free, raw and whatever else I can. For now, the almond oil cream seems to work fine, he isn't scratching and the redness is almost gone.
Thanks again for the advices. I'm also looking for the oils mentioned in the sticked thread, no luck so far.

There you go. Some GREAT info all in here!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

I would rub on coconut oil rather than almond oil cream.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Both are great oils for sure......but for skin issues I would go for almond oil.

CO "can" fight "certain" skin infections. Great stuff. As for the almond oil, it will fight inflamed n irritated skin. Plus almond oil is enriched with vitamines E, D, B1. B2, B6 N A, magnesium and calcium.

Oh n for women out there.....almond oil moisturises the skin and reduces dark circles :2thumbs:

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
The rash is pretty much gone, I'll talk with his vet on monday to see if she has any clue as to the cause, want to avoid being a recurring issue.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.