Infected skin tag

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Has anyone had any experience dealing with skin tag or cysts? Iā€™m taking Meilyr to vet because it seems his skin tag has gotten bigger or possibly infected. Today while cleaning it the scab came off. It seems to Bea cracking the skin tag or cyst. It had been nothing for the past year but started to get like this within the last week.

A3AE46F7-907D-4FFF-BD7A-6DE42FC77B11.jpegD0E00E6B-97DE-46E2-94B3-480EB18338BF.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwa poor little thing. Was it a vet that said it was a skin tag? Kinda big. Have it analyze to get to the bottom of it. Plz keep us posted!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hope Meilyr will be fine soon! Castor had some kind of growth that looked similar to that. The vet didn't know what it was so we were asked to monitor it. It burst bled a lot but then healed by itself. Knock on wood, it hasn't returned.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Looks kind of raw- I'd put some neosporin cream on it for a few days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Has anyone had any experience dealing with skin tag or cysts? Iā€™m taking Meilyr to vet because it seems his skin tag has gotten bigger or possibly infected. Today while cleaning it the scab came off. It seems to Bea cracking the skin tag or cyst. It had been nothing for the past year but started to get like this within the last week.

View attachment 109128View attachment 109129

Ouch.... at first I thought histo-thingy ( bran block on the right name) but I've never known them to scab. I'd get it checked by your vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Laura M Velazquez

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Took Meilyr to vet and he confirmed it was an Adoma (don't think I spelled it right). The vet said it is a growth from over production of oil from glands that produces these cyst/wart looking type of growth. It almost looked like a nipple. He says most of the time nothing comes of them but occasionally they become infected or keep growing. They removed it via Cryosurgery. They cut the top portion that had not feeling and then froze the rest with liquid nitrogen. Kind of what they do for a wart. It's healing nicely. No oozing just forming a scab that will eventually fall off and show healed skin or skin in the process of healing It never really bothered him even when I cleaned it and put neosporin to it every night. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Took Meilyr to vet and he confirmed it was an Adoma (don't think I spelled it right). The vet said it is a growth from over production of oil from glands that produces these cyst/wart looking type of growth. It almost looked like a nipple. He says most of the time nothing comes of them but occasionally they become infected or keep growing. They removed it via Cryosurgery. They cut the top portion that had not feeling and then froze the rest with liquid nitrogen. Kind of what they do for a wart. It's healing nicely. No oozing just forming a scab that will eventually fall off and show healed skin or skin in the process of healing It never really bothered him even when I cleaned it and put neosporin to it every night. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Great news! That is what I thought.. name escapes me again! Happy it is nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I love GOOD news!!! :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online