Help Needed! Puppy breathing

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Hi all, as I said in my introduction post, I just got my first bulldog yesterday, he's 7 weeks old and it's going to take some time to get used to his various noises.
My question is about the breathing issues, Gordon seems to exhale a bit hard, there is no snoring or other noises aside from the air going out of his nostrils, like he is trying to clean his nose. When I first met him (12 days ago) he was still with his brothers and sisters, relaxed and didn't show any irregular breathing, the vet said it might be due to stress until he gets used to his new home and family, should I worry?

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon

Somewhat able to hear it in this little clip

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Keep an eye on him, most of the puppies contract kennel cough and it happens usually upon arrrival to their furever home. It’s usually not dangerous, just cold with cough, but requires some treatment. If he starts cleaning his throat regularly, or sometimes it sounds like honking or quacking, it’s better to visit vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He sounds OK right now, but if you see any discharge from nose (yellow/green in color) or he gets congested, it is best to get to the vet. When they are young a small sniffle can quickly turn into a bad cold.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.