Please tell my story , Love Dozer

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
PLEASE TELL MY STORY ~ Love Dozer
.by Sir Diesel Dog on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 .Our family has suffered a terrible tragedy. We lost the heart of our family, Dozer. We took him to the Vet for his seasonal allergy shot on Monday We were told his health was great, slight arthritis, but that his heart was so strong we would surely have him for years to come. !!
They put him on PREVICOX a drug for pain, for his arthritis ~ within 3 days he was gone, just a few hours after the 1st symptom !!! This drug is from the makers of VIOX which killed thousands ~ It has been RE marketed and put out for Pets under the name now PREVICOX. Your vet will tell you its a miracle drug that works wonders and for some it does, however its a death sentence to others, within possibly the 1st pill it will eat a hole in there stomach or first intestinal loop.. where bacteria will start to spill out filling there bellies, and going into there blood stream and soaking into there tissues. they will be awful thirsty or not at all, they will start to vomit uncontrolably this bacteria water !! then it gets into there blood stream where it soaks into there tissues and causes swelling, his brain swelled and started to bleed, thus a stroke !!! all the while there breathing is labored due to swollen esophagous and lungs. It will kill in hours ! no reversal possible !! Others have tried surgery but couldnt win the fight.! PLEASE spread the word for Dozer !!!!! we are doing the best we can -- please help us spread the word for the lives of Pets around the world and for families not to go thru this tragic time. There is another link at the bottom of more info to contact the FDA of other documented cases. Do your research and weigh ALL your options before making the decision to use this drug !! To know you fed your dog the very thing that took there life, is the worst to deal with !!!!
RIP our Sweet Baby Dozer~! 2/01- 6/10
Thank you all for your love and prayers it means the world !

Previcox (firocoxib) Emails- Experiences from ones who dogs have used Previcox

RIP Our Sweet Baby 6/10/10

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
OP
dozersmom

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
I have posted this story before on the forum but wanted to post again for newer members.. Thank you for taking the time to read..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I remember all too well this story. Dozer's loss was so unexpected and I am glad you continue to share this information for others. Thank you. RIP Dozer xxoo

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
My lord, what a tragedy. It makes no sense at all that you pay to bring your pet to the Vets( people that have gone through years of school to become specialized in veterinarian medicine)and you cant even trust in them. We have to second guess everything now a days.

Last edited:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Thank you so much for reposting this story, I work in a vet clinic and I have personally seen this same tragedy. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I missed it the first time and this is so very sad. The thought of him going through that pain, brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for your strength and ability to share will all of us.

OP
dozersmom

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
Thank you all so very much... It was truly the worst time imaginable, we rushed him to Columbus Ohio, to the very best Vetinarian in the State. They truly tried their hardest, but could not save him. We made up flyers, posted on the internet and have told and retold his story. To see him playing one day ( even at 10 yrs old ) and gone in less than 3 days was unimaginable. It sickened us, we had not done enough research ourselves first ~ so Diesel ( Dozer's younger brother ) is helping us tell his story..to everyone that will listen, we hope you do too.. Thank you all for your kind words ~ please everyone remember to do research first ~..

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thank you for the info ,I had no idea. Soooooo, sorry for your loss that must have been awful for you and your family.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thank you for sharing and sorry for your loss. I'm really at a loss for words because it shouldn't have happened. I wish vets would do their research as well, before taking any new medicine in.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I missed this post when it was first put on EBN .... how awful!

Thank you for allowing us to share your story, and also thank you for being willing and brave enough to re-live the pain everytime you re-post.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
We are new here. Thank you so much through all of your pain to take the time to educate others.. that says alot about you. May your beautiful baby Dozer rest in peace

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.