How long to wait after heat to spay?

Steve Armstrong

Feb 23, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hyacinth Bouquet
Sorry if this has been disussed before but I could not find by searching. What is the general recommendation for how long to wait after bleeding stops from heat to safely spay? I see various lengths on the internet. I'm also going to have her cherry eye fixed, should I do both eyes even though only one has shown tendancy to pop out? I have been massaging it back in to this point. Thanks.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry if this has been disussed before but I could not find by searching. What is the general recommendation for how long to wait after bleeding stops from heat to safely spay? I see various lengths on the internet. I'm also going to have her cherry eye fixed, should I do both eyes even though only one has shown tendancy to pop out? I have been massaging it back in to this point. Thanks.
I didn't wait for the first heat but others did and will answer you soon. I'm answering you for the cherry eye part. If the good one doesn't pop out i would never touch it. Do t touch what's not broken as we say.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would say two to three months [MENTION=16896]Steve Armstrong[/MENTION] but is just my opinion,so there is no chance of bleeding more. Hope this help in your decision.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I heard the same.. about two months after heat ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.