URGENT!!! Red folds! [emoji24]

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
So today my husband noticed that Frans crease under her eye all the way down to her cheek is red. Only on the one side though not the other. Looking for experience and suggestions! She is prone to pyoderma on her chin. Any correlations? I'm also looking for recommendations for a good soap to use when bathing her and maybe some hygiene products that will help her skin and keep her squeaky clean! You guys know she comes to work with me, she loves running around the warehouse and rolling in the grass so she gets pretty dirty. Here's as good a picture as I could get of her fold.

fd7e39e2537b9267bd94f3e16b3a1c52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So today my husband noticed that Frans crease under her eye all the way down to her cheek is red. Only on the one side though not the other. Looking for experience and suggestions! She is prone to pyoderma on her chin. Any correlations? I'm also looking for recommendations for a good soap to use when bathing her and maybe some hygiene products that will help her skin and keep her squeaky clean! You guys know she comes to work with me, she loves running around the warehouse and rolling in the grass so she gets pretty dirty. Here's as good a picture as I could get of her fold.
fd7e39e2537b9267bd94f3e16b3a1c52.jpg

Nyala had the exact same thing last year. Only one side where the folds thicker as it's harder to keep dry (tearing). I basically used the essential oil mix for her tail and it disappeared within a couple days. Trust me won't happen twice!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala had the exact same thing last year. Only one side where the folds thicker as it's harder to keep dry (tearing). I basically used the essential oil mix for her tail and it disappeared within a couple days. Trust me won't happen twice!

13dd8d98891dc91584aa729ac8fb35b1.png

Thank you! Is this the one?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No...it's a few oils. A lot have tried it and really works. I sound like a broken record but.... if it works and I can help...go for it! Arborvitae is hard to get. Basically it's like cypress. Add that if you cat find aborvitae. Also add tea tree.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:15 drops Lavender15 drops Geranium15 drops Frankincense15 drops Basil10 drops ArborvitaeFractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I zoomed in best I could--- that looks more than just wet... is the fur kind of sticky almost like mucus? Or is it really just wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I zoomed in best I could--- that looks more than just wet... is the fur kind of sticky almost like mucus? Or is it really just wet?

Fur wasn't sticky that I could tell. But Tim did use a douxo wipe on her so that may be why it looks soaked. I just checked her again and it seems dry.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fur wasn't sticky that I could tell. But Tim did use a douxo wipe on her so that may be why it looks soaked. I just checked her again and it seems dry.

Great! Douxo or Helene oil mix will do the trick..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great! Douxo or Helene oil mix will do the trick..

Change in season may be causing her eyes to water

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would stock some Ketohex or Curaseb shampoo and do this regimen daily for about a week till all better:
1) Wet a round cosmetic pad and put a dab of shampoo on it and wipe out wrinkle with it
2) Do same with a second wet cosmetic pad without shampoo
3) Dry wrinkle with a 3rd cosmetic pad
4) If really weepy, apply some zincofax ointment

My Frenchie has a damaged eye which weeps into a wrinkle, and this regimen has kept her wrinkle in great shape. When I first got her it was very irritated. I didn't find the malacetic or duoxo wipes that useful for her, although it's probably ok for maintenance. I also found switching her to a dehydrated raw food helped ( she's on Only Natural EasyRaw ). Also giving a probiotic and coconut oil will help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.