Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: cherry eye

  1. #1
    Newbie riot12790's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Posts
    5
    Bulldog(s) Names
    cuda
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default cherry eye

    hi all just wondering if anyone has/had a bully eith cherry eye if so did u do the surgery, how old where they when they had it, etc.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,345
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13766

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by riot12790 View Post
    hi all just wondering if anyone has/had a bully eith cherry eye if so did u do the surgery, how old where they when they had it, etc.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    My brindle did. Had it stitched when she got spayed. All good. But if you type "cherry eye" in the search box you'll have all the cherry eye info.

  3. #3
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,726
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2457

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by riot12790 View Post
    hi all just wondering if anyone has/had a bully eith cherry eye if so did u do the surgery, how old where they when they had it, etc.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Hi, my female Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, I waited until she was spayed at 7 months old, and had both surgeries done at the same time. My idea was to avoid putting her under anesthetic twice, but unfortunately a week after her surgeries, the other eye also developed cherry eye, so she had to have another surgery a month later. The second surgery cost more than the first two surgeries, since the first cherry eye surgery was a secondary operation, and the spay surgery was a discounted surgery because they want people to spay and neuter their pets. Our vet used the tacking in method rather than removing the eye gland, and she did an excellent job on both eyes, we are very happy with the results, her eyes are beautiful, and 5 years later she's never had any problems with her eyes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  4. #4
    Newbie riot12790's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Posts
    5
    Bulldog(s) Names
    cuda
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: cherry eye

    hes 4 and just started to develope it i thought it was from season allergies cause thats when we notice did the whole method of warm cloth and rubing and eye drops n it helped but i think he may have to go under so ima a little worried with his age...

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #5
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,345
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13766

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by riot12790 View Post
    hes 4 and just started to develope it i thought it was from season allergies cause thats when we notice did the whole method of warm cloth and rubing and eye drops n it helped but i think he may have to go under so ima a little worried with his age...

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

    Can you post a photo? Cherry eye is really red n bulges.

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #6
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2134

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by riot12790 View Post
    hes 4 and just started to develope it i thought it was from season allergies cause thats when we notice did the whole method of warm cloth and rubing and eye drops n it helped but i think he may have to go under so ima a little worried with his age...

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    If you do have to get the surgery done, you might also find out if your dog needs any other surgeries that could be done at same time such as soft palate reduction, stenotic nare widening, dental cleaning etc

  9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #7
    Newbie riot12790's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Posts
    5
    Bulldog(s) Names
    cuda
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Can you post a photo? Cherry eye is really red n bulges.
    i would but i dont have anyone of my.phone and it is cherry eye however hes iant red it stays pink only gets really red when hes excited

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  11. #8
    Newbie riot12790's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Posts
    5
    Bulldog(s) Names
    cuda
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    If you do have to get the surgery done, you might also find out if your dog needs any other surgeries that could be done at same time such as soft palate reduction, stenotic nare widening, dental cleaning etc
    surprisingly enough he doesnt need any other surgeries my vet wants us to get him fixed but he was gonna be out breeder dog untill he hurt his eye and she even said that he might get cherry eye in the eye he hurt as a poasible side effect from the trauma the eye got

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  12. #9
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,345
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13766

    Default Re: cherry eye

    Quote Originally Posted by riot12790 View Post
    surprisingly enough he doesnt need any other surgeries my vet wants us to get him fixed but he was gonna be out breeder dog untill he hurt his eye and she even said that he might get cherry eye in the eye he hurt as a poasible side effect from the trauma the eye got

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    2 things.... it's not surprising...EB dont all need surgery for whatever ppl think what might come along in the future. You might wait for a very long time. Now this cherry eye, is it "really red colour?" My little guy, fingers crossed, his gland pops out once in awhile but it's not a cherry eye. More light skin colour. He's been checked by the vet a few days ago n even her she said if it stays tucked in or pops in n out once in a while at that age to wait. As they grow the gland often gets strong n stays in.

  13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •