cherry eye

riot12790

Jun 1, 2014
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
cuda
hi all just wondering if anyone has/had a bully eith cherry eye if so did u do the surgery, how old where they when they had it, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
hi all just wondering if anyone has/had a bully eith cherry eye if so did u do the surgery, how old where they when they had it, etc.

My brindle did. Had it stitched when she got spayed. All good. But if you type "cherry eye" in the search box you'll have all the cherry eye info.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi, my female Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, I waited until she was spayed at 7 months old, and had both surgeries done at the same time. My idea was to avoid putting her under anesthetic twice, but unfortunately a week after her surgeries, the other eye also developed cherry eye, so she had to have another surgery a month later. The second surgery cost more than the first two surgeries, since the first cherry eye surgery was a secondary operation, and the spay surgery was a discounted surgery because they want people to spay and neuter their pets. Our vet used the tacking in method rather than removing the eye gland, and she did an excellent job on both eyes, we are very happy with the results, her eyes are beautiful, and 5 years later she's never had any problems with her eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 125
OP
riot12790

riot12790

Jun 1, 2014
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
cuda
hes 4 and just started to develope it i thought it was from season allergies cause thats when we notice did the whole method of warm cloth and rubing and eye drops n it helped but i think he may have to go under so ima a little worried with his age...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
hes 4 and just started to develope it i thought it was from season allergies cause thats when we notice did the whole method of warm cloth and rubing and eye drops n it helped but i think he may have to go under so ima a little worried with his age...

Can you post a photo? Cherry eye is really red n bulges.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

If you do have to get the surgery done, you might also find out if your dog needs any other surgeries that could be done at same time such as soft palate reduction, stenotic nare widening, dental cleaning etc

OP
riot12790

riot12790

Jun 1, 2014
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
cuda
Can you post a photo? Cherry eye is really red n bulges.
i would but i dont have anyone of my.phone and it is cherry eye however hes iant red it stays pink only gets really red when hes excited

OP
riot12790

riot12790

Jun 1, 2014
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
cuda
If you do have to get the surgery done, you might also find out if your dog needs any other surgeries that could be done at same time such as soft palate reduction, stenotic nare widening, dental cleaning etc
surprisingly enough he doesnt need any other surgeries my vet wants us to get him fixed but he was gonna be out breeder dog untill he hurt his eye and she even said that he might get cherry eye in the eye he hurt as a poasible side effect from the trauma the eye got

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
surprisingly enough he doesnt need any other surgeries my vet wants us to get him fixed but he was gonna be out breeder dog untill he hurt his eye and she even said that he might get cherry eye in the eye he hurt as a poasible side effect from the trauma the eye got

2 things.... it's not surprising...EB dont all need surgery for whatever ppl think what might come along in the future. You might wait for a very long time. Now this cherry eye, is it "really red colour?" My little guy, fingers crossed, his gland pops out once in awhile but it's not a cherry eye. More light skin colour. He's been checked by the vet a few days ago n even her she said if it stays tucked in or pops in n out once in a while at that age to wait. As they grow the gland often gets strong n stays in.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.