Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Just got back from taking Chunky for his yearly shots and he looks good according to the vet but is overweight 68lbs. I asked how much he should lose and was told 2-3 lbs which caused me to laugh out loud. That was his weight a few months back but he gained some since Ive started working 6 days per week and I am not home 3 days to keep him as busy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hmmm... good to hear he is a healthy monkey!!

How do you feel about the 3lbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Hmmm... good to hear he is a healthy monkey!!

How do you feel about the 3lbs?

The 3lbs to me is laughable and I am not really worried. Since its getting cooler here and my work will slow down soon I am sure he will be back to their desired weight for him once we start walking farther and playing ball outside again. He refuses to stay out long when its hot out. He is a little bigger than any other bulldogs I have seen in height and length so 65 which they want him or the 68 he is now is hard to tell a difference in. Almost like me losing 10lbs. Its not really noticeable

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He reminds me of Banks' build... taller than most... she was at one time 70lbs-- got her down to 62lbs and held her there for most of her life

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Itā€™s just summer extra pounds, as we canā€™t really walk our babies in the heat! Chunky is perfect and extremely handsome bulldog!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Itā€™s just summer extra pounds, as we canā€™t really walk our babies in the heat! Chunky is perfect and extremely handsome bulldog!

I swapped his food and didn't adjust for the difference and he hasn't gotten much outside exercise in a few months. Thanks for the complement on chunky and I agree that his size is perfect

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I just love theae dogs of ours.. All the different sizes styles and shapes I love it. I canā€™t imagine somebody being able to say that 3 pounds would be a noticeable weigjt on these guys but I guess they could be more experienced than me LOL yeah I guess so

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Hmmm, just in case, you need to post a few recent pics of the Chunkmeister so we can be sure...

We like pics

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I swapped his food and didn't adjust for the difference and he hasn't gotten much outside exercise in a few months. Thanks for the complement on chunky and I agree that his size is perfect

He's a great looking dog. What's he eating these days and how are his allergies? My French bulldog with allergies is doing great on Only Natural EasyRaw but I don't like keeping her on one dog food too long so am going to try another dehydrated raw soon.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He's a great looking dog. What's he eating these days and how are his allergies? My French bulldog with allergies is doing great on Only Natural EasyRaw but I don't like keeping her on one dog food too long so am going to try another dehydrated raw soon.

He was on Acana Lamb and Apple but is going to Zignature Venison for a bag or so since I cannot order Acana from chewy anymore and I want to see how he does on this. He is doing fine on the switch and does regularly now opposed to how he did a year ago. His allergies are still acting up but I will see how he does with the new food.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
didn't you do kangaroo for a bit??? I tried to get but they wont sell or ship to California.. I really want to give the Zignature Venison a shot, as a rotator, but It just seems there's soooooooo much flaxseed. Am I wrong thinking that could be an issue?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
didn't you do kangaroo for a bit??? I tried to get but they wont sell or ship to California.. I really want to give the Zignature Venison a shot, as a rotator, but It just seems there's soooooooo much flaxseed. Am I wrong thinking that could be an issue?

Yeah he ate two bags of the Kangaroo but his allergies started acting up more. His tear stains became worse and so did redness of his paws. I would of kept him on Acana Lamb and Apple but I am working 6-7 days per week now and cannot get to the local pet supply place that sales it and needed food fast so I used Chewy to get him some. The local store was open sundays until recently. I have no idea whether flaxseed is bad or not for bulldogs and remembered someone mentioning the Venison so thats what I ordered. He has been eating it for 3 days now without any bowel issues and no notable side effects. If any problems occur I will post about them.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
tks Wes,,, I'm sure it's actually good for them,,, it just seems so high up on the list so wondered.. I think it's great for their skin so hopefully it's gonna be great! I am going to look back cause I think I used with good results too...ha! gonna check

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.