Help Needed! Tail Amputation or some other unknown illness.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Coree, how did Bubba's last Vet visit go? Update please...

Kris1818

Oct 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
BoBo and Bailey
Thank you so much I just ordered all the oils online I went to 3 stores including a health food store and nobody carried them all ... I really hope this helps him !

Kris1818

Oct 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
BoBo and Bailey
Hi I finally ordered all the oils I went to 3 stores including a health food store and I was unable to find them all . When I mix all the oils together do I just wipe the pocket and leave the oils inside the pocket? I want to make sure Im doing it right! I really appreciate the help my poor boy is so uncomfortable and keeps running from me ... He's sooo stinky :( I'm so sad and frustrated ... I've also changed his food to Royal Canine Bulldog recipe in hopes that this will help as well .... Thank you again !

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=17455]Coree[/MENTION] as most knows in here, Nyala my brindle has a tail pocket issue. Both vets said same like you "amputation". Well no. Not till ive done my research n homework. Nyala's tail is extremely tight. I have normal "woman hand/fingers" and very tight to get under that tail. But I can guarantee you it's been like almost a year her tail is under controll. Yes she still sits and does the wiggle bum thing n licks the air. That means "hey ma" cleaning time. I clean her pocket every 2 days n it's even programmed in my cell as a reminder. (Cause I get very busy n jump a day). Follow the recipe below and you'll see some change. If your fingers are too big, get the sturdy long Q-tips. And yes use gloves at all times. Recipe mentions ears BUT perfect for ANY infections.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health. Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine: 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated Coconut Oil to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Do you apply it to tail pocket area , leave it on, and then put some antibiotic cream or desitin cream on top?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do you apply it to tail pocket area , leave it on, and then put some antibiotic cream or desitin cream on top?
If the question for me, I apply it under/inside the tail. Nyala's tail is so tight no funny. It's a good 3" deep. So goes inside and outside where you feel the bone. And no I dont use antibiotics nor desitin to top. Just the mix. [MENTION=17729]Kris1818[/MENTION]

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If the question for me, I apply it under/inside the tail. Nyala's tail is so tight no funny. It's a good 3" deep. So goes inside and outside where you feel the bone. And no I dont use antibiotics nor desitin to top. Just the mix. [MENTION=17729]Kris1818[/MENTION]

Also other poster wanted to know if you just leave essential oil mixture on, or wipe it off.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Also other poster wanted to know if you just leave essential oil mixture on, or wipe it off.

Sorry been on the road and with this winter storm we just finished I dont read everything. I pour about 1oz of the mix in a little 2 oz cup, I use about 4 baby wipes unscented, I put my glove on, dip the corner section of the wipe in the mix and go into the tail pocket. Each time I enter once I repeat every 4 corners of the wipe. Days it can be only 2 wipes till I see no more fur on the wipe or can be up to 4 wipes. Just depends.

Kris1818

Oct 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
BoBo and Bailey
Thank you so much just received the final oil today ! Took so long to deliver! I'm trying this today! Thank you so much for your advice.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.